Badger Half Cab - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 13th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
Badger Half Cab

Can anyone comment on how well a Badger Half Cab with
Gutter kit seals? I know it should seal well around the doors but how about around the drop curtain and the tub cover? From pictures it looks like there are gaps around the b-pillar...

Cheers...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 13th, 2014, 12:11 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
It uses velcro around the exterior of the drop curtain section that wraps around the B pillar, and the side "ears" of the half cab top that come down around the sides (behind the doors) velcro to the drop curtain section that is wrapped around the B pillar. The gaps usually result in the upper corners of the B pillar, but the drop curtain and half cab tops both come with quite a few straps that you need to install correctly to cut down on any of those gaps. The drop curtain utlizes the tension of the front seat-backs to keep them from moving much. In terms of warmth, the smaller cabin heats up way quicker in the half-cab configuration than in a full top configuration with no drop curtain.

I've probably provided a ton of pics of one installed in one of my previous threads.
Old October 21st, 2014, 08:15 AM
Grover
Mike

Registry
I've been looking at pics if the half can set up...it looks like there a lots of gaps around the b pillar where the drop curtain attaches.

Can y'all comment?

Cheers...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 21st, 2014, 09:04 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

I have had 2 over the years.

It is not a 100% fully sewn together unit rather it is a few parts that all get put on to make the 1/2 cab.

There were some small openings here and there but I never had water or snow come inside and it stays warmer than a full top. It does the job well. I always wished that he made one that was one piece but then you would lose the ability to remove the drop curtain in the summer.
Old October 21st, 2014, 10:34 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Again there are some gaps, but each section comes with tensioning straps to minimize these. There is also an overhang along the top of the half cab top over the drop curtain. If it is installed correctly you will not have issues. If you install it half-assed there will be larger gaps than intended I'm sure. As Dave and I said, it creates a much smaller cabin, so it stays nice and warm.
Old October 21st, 2014, 11:23 AM
Grover
Mike

Registry
I've got a B2 with GK on my 90 now. I love it, but I also like the half cab.
Seems easier to remove the half cab on sunny days than the B2

Old October 21st, 2014, 12:05 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
If this is for sunny days (i.e. during the warm months) then I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Old October 27th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Sned
Ed
1994 NAS D90

Registry
Mine is ancient and still works pretty good. Drop curtain zips to bed cover with a real beefy zipper under fabric. There is a goofy L-channel that the drop curtain connects to. This prohibits your seat from reclining so if you are looking for leg room its no better than a hard 1/2 pickup cab. I leave the drop curtain off in mild weather so I can recline. Pretty waterproof but you do get some drafts at the pillar. Your left arm gets cold from the drafts. You get a little rain penetrating between the gap at sill / windshield when it's really blowing. Comes on & off quite easily. Less than 5 mins. Good product overall. Ordering a full Badger due to the quality and usable hardware already installed. The bed tonneau does flop a bit so I added a boat cover rib so it sheds rain. Problem being sometimes you shed rain toward the cab. Also it obviously helps keep heat in the cab vs a full top. Even with it's drawbacks I'd recommend one.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
badger