Badger Gutter Kit Hardware? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old October 31st, 2013, 09:07 PM
KKilo23's Avatar
KKilo23
Status: Offline
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Posts: 2,065
Registry
Badger Gutter Kit Hardware?

Just picked up a GK second hand... need hardware.

Does anyone know what comes from Badger... bolts nuts etc. Quantity and size?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old November 4th, 2013, 11:26 AM
KKilo23's Avatar
KKilo23
Status: Offline
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Posts: 2,065
Registry
Here is what I have...

What am I missing to properly install Badger II GK top?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GK_1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	83460   Click image for larger version

Name:	GK_2.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	83461  

Click image for larger version

Name:	GK_3.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	83462   Click image for larger version

Name:	GK_4.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	83463  

Click image for larger version

Name:	GK_5.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	83464   Click image for larger version

Name:	GK_6.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	83465  

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old November 4th, 2013, 12:14 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
On your gutter fins you have 3 slots and 3 holes above them. You need 3 footman loops per side and will need to rivet those into place, otherwise the straps coming in above your driver and passenger doors have nothing to loop up through. Badger usually has them in stock, or you can just order some from elsewhere...they're pretty standard. Aside from those, I can't remember if the bolt that goes down into the tub behind the doors has a captive nut underneath...take a look. Otherwise, for the other hardware, just pick bolts and nuts that are long enough to get through the gutter kit, but short enough that they're not sticking way into the cabin, as you don't want your head hitting one while on the trail.

Here are some old pics of mine:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...1&postcount=26
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old November 4th, 2013, 12:20 PM
KKilo23's Avatar
KKilo23
Status: Offline
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Posts: 2,065
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
On your gutter fins you have 3 slots and 3 holes above them. You need 3 footman loops per side and will need to rivet those into place, otherwise the straps coming in above your driver and passenger doors have nothing to loop up through. Badger usually has them in stock, or you can just order some from elsewhere...they're pretty standard. Aside from those, I can't remember if the bolt that goes down into the tub behind the doors has a captive nut underneath...take a look. Otherwise, for the other hardware, just pick bolts and nuts that are long enough to get through the gutter kit, but short enough that they're not sticking way into the cabin, as you don't want your head hitting one while on the trail.

Here are some old pics of mine:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...1&postcount=26


Awesome.. This is exactly what I needed. Thanks!

EDIT: Did you need to trim your header bar?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old November 4th, 2013, 12:25 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Do not trim your header bar. He has it in some of his instructions, but there is absolutely no need. You can see that the snap is still on the header bar in the very bottom right of this photo. I'll be at Howard's this coming weekend; if you're still planning on attending, I can look at your set-up then.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...0&d=1271968754
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old November 4th, 2013, 12:29 PM
KKilo23's Avatar
KKilo23
Status: Offline
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Posts: 2,065
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Do not trim your header bar. He has it in some of his instructions, but there is absolutely no need. You can see that the snap is still on the header bar in the very bottom right of this photo. I'll be at Howard's this coming weekend; if you're still planning on attending, I can look at your set-up then.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...0&d=1271968754
I will be there.. not with the defender... bringing the disco.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old November 5th, 2013, 12:20 PM
flippedrover's Avatar
flippedrover
Status: Offline
Tyler
'94 D-90
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ashburn,va
Posts: 3,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Do not trim your header bar. He has it in some of his instructions, but there is absolutely no need. You can see that the snap is still on the header bar in the very bottom right of this photo. I'll be at Howard's this coming weekend; if you're still planning on attending, I can look at your set-up then. http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...0&d=1271968754
I had to trim my header when I installed my top so I'd say see if it fits with out great. But be prepared to trim.
__________________
Can't you feel 'em circlin' (closin'in) honey?
Can't you feel 'em swimmin' around?
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:45 PM
KKilo23's Avatar
KKilo23
Status: Offline
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Posts: 2,065
Registry
Anyone have the rough size of the opening on the footman loops?

Looking for measurements on "A" & "C"...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Footman Loop Spec.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	83638  
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:07 PM
airbornrover's Avatar
airbornrover
Status: Offline
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Land by parkway and 33
Posts: 1,882
Should just be able to buy them from a rover parts seller?
__________________
Quote:
Just to be clear, i was not bragging. i was calling you a pussy. Ren Ching
There is nothing as permanent as a temporary fix. JSBriggs
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:35 PM
tomaco1's Avatar
tomaco1
Status: Online
T.mac
83 110
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 3,692
Registry
I think rover farm has them.

What were the square holes originally for?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
badger, kit

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gutter Kit Pictures Grover Defender Technical Discussions 8 February 2nd, 2006 03:59 PM
Badger Soft Top with gutter kit Tom B For Sale - Parts 2 December 16th, 2005 05:35 PM
How To install Badger Gutter Kit ??? Help TDI Guy Defender Technical Discussions 4 November 5th, 2005 05:41 PM
Gutter Kit w/ Rovers North (Badger) Top mgrgpg Defender Technical Discussions 4 March 28th, 2005 12:56 AM
Badger Gutter Rail Kit TDI Guy Defender Technical Discussions 3 March 24th, 2004 09:55 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Copyright