Defender Source Forum banner

back up rims for the d-90

Tags
90 ac d-90 rims
2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  paulb 
#1 ·
Will these fit a 94 D-90?
16x8 Land Rover "Sport" or "S" style rims. These were available on Land Rover Discovery 2's from 03-04 and will also fit all Discovery 2's and Range Rover p38's 4.0 and 4.6's from 95-02.

Thinking of getting these then fitting 285 or 255 to them.

Have gotten completely lost in the discussions on rim specs and what fits what.

#4 ·
I have a set of five original LR 16x7 with new tires that came off my 1988 D90. I am getting ready to sell. They have some nicks and corrosion, but are great as a back up set. I was planning on listing this weekend for $300. Shipping would suck, though. Here's a pic:

Attachments

#6 ·
If you want a set of good back up for winter you can not go wrong with a set of disco steels. IMOM

#7 ·
Mark - would love to take them but i think shipping to 94022 would more than double to price. And there is nothin on the

Disco rims: Will any work? I am seeing a few 2000 discos at the salvage yard. If i can get a good deal I'll go that way.

------ Follow up post added May 26th, 2017 11:46 AM ------

Sighting on Foothill.
Chris, could have been me. There are 3 green ST in the area. This week saw a red S1, a Dutch diesel 90 just brought in from Denver. Hope to see you again.

#8 ·
Only d1

#9 ·
That knocks out the scrappers near by and Craig's list. I'll take all advice on a wheel set up as my thoughts are:

285/75/R16 BF KMII, $225 each. Sounds like I'll need 1.25 spacers [Terra Firma $200 shipped vs RN $500] and from the help threads, I understand the flange on the Terra Firma's requires an off set SO...
Rims: simple, inexpensive black mat that will fit this set up?

Ideas and recommendations greatly appreciated.

#10 ·
Isn't there a set of Rostyles wheels for sale? Now that's class!!!

#11 ·
I run KM2 at this size on a NAS '95 stock rims.no spacer. Light rubbing on front control arms that could be fixed with bump stop adjustments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.