Back-Up Light Not Working - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 20th, 2006, 10:15 AM
The Wizard
Douglas Wozny
1994/ Defender 90 #500
Back-Up Light Not Working

At first I thought "Time to replace the bulb" but nothing is that easy when it comes to my D90. The bulb was good (checked it with an ohm meter). My next thought was oh great the switch for the back-up light is bad. Another $500.00 part and time in the shop (most likely will have to drop the transmission to fix it , right!). Any words of wisdom on solving this problem will be greatly appreciated but remember I am the guy that mashed his thumb hanging the Christmas wreath on the front door this weekend. I know it is early but have to let the thumb heal before taking on the tree.

The Wizard
To paraphase "Oddball" (Donald Sutlerland, "Kelly's Heros", 1970) "I only drive 'em, I don't know how to fix them."
1994 Defender 90 No. 500
Old November 20th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Bryan Tate
Put your car in reverse turn ignition to last position before it runs and test the wires at the bulb.
Alot of problems are due to loose bulbs or corroded terminals....
If may be something simple....
I had several bulbs out, bought new ones and it didn't help or I had a flickering light.
All mine were fixed with cleaning the terminals and reseating the bulbs.
Good luck

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

ac, ht