Automatic transmission selector cable - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 30th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Justin Church
1994 D90 / '04 Disco
Automatic transmission selector cable

I am in the process of tidying up the interior in my 94 defender 90 ST. The automatic conversion has been done. I will be using line ex on the interior. Im also fabbing a custom center console to house the automatic gear selector, an am/fm/cd radio, and a cb radio.

My question is: How do I remove the gear selector cable from either the shifter or the transmission? Which would be easier? I have a two inch hole in the floor where the cable comes through. I bought a small rubber shift boot that will seal the hole and I need to pass the shift cable through it.

Any tips would be appreciated

will load pics of project in progress later in the small projects forum.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions