auto transport advice - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 10th, 2004, 12:05 PM
mdmccallum
Mike
'97 Defender 90 SW

auto transport advice

Moving to Durango Colorado and need to ship 2 vehicles. One is my '97 D90 SW and I want to make sure its done well. Do any of you guys have any experience with shipping. I was told that the shippers may quote door to door price but then call you stating that they can't get to your area and you need to come pickup your vehicle in some other location. Any advice out there. I have checked insurance, deposits, etc. with a couple of companies. They are all insured to this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers)

They're not exactly the cheapest but I believe they're the best out there. They own their own fleet of trucks so no "pointing fingers" at sub-contractors if they make a mistake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 10th, 2004, 12:50 PM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

Mike, I had a problem with Aries Auto Transport. They told me they couldn't drive on my block and left the LR two blocks away somewhat close to the curb and with four flat tires. They had to remove the air from the tires to fit it on the truck. They never called the PO in advance to let them know when they would pick up. They called me an hour before they were about to deliver.

F'ing Idiots they are!!!

Good luck,

John
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2004, 04:25 PM
howellm70
Michael Howell

Definitely go with DAS - I used them to ship my D-90 across the country and they were great.
Old May 10th, 2004, 04:54 PM
ronward
Redsrover
None - sadly

Intercity Lines is supposed to be the best in the business. However they did not get my business when I shipped my ST from Boston to my house because in 4 weeks they never could get around to picking the thing up. And they were charging me $1100 for the trip.

I ended up going with Gold Rush transport out of desperation and they were fine. Took 3 days from Boston to middle Georgia and the driver could not have been nicer. If you need contact info for Gold Rush let me know.
Old May 11th, 2004, 12:08 PM
mdmccallum
Mike
'97 Defender 90 SW

Thanks for the info. Have any of you heard of Auto Driveaway?
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:58 PM
OCD90
Torrence
1997 Hardtop

I have to counter you all on DAS. Dependable Auto Shippers delivered my car two weeks late.

The advertised this great "web tracking" option which made me aware that they didn't load my car onto the truck until several days after it was to arrive in California...I called repeatedly, and they offered no apoligies, remorse or discounts.

It did, however, arrive in one piece.

I would not recommend them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions