auto trans removal trouble - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 8th, 2007, 04:09 PM
DJ Menasco is The Dude
1995 D90
auto trans removal trouble

Converting from an auto trans to a 5 speed R380. I just pulled the ZF auto trans off a 3.5 V8 engine that came from an '87 RRC. Once I got the torque convertor off there is a heavy duty little piece that sits over the ring, got four bolts in it (removed), its about 4 - 6 inches across and about 2 deep. It looks like a small harmonic balancer.. sort of. Now I imagine I need to pull this sucker off so I can remove the other ring and mount my manual flywheel but I can't figure out how to get it off. Any suggestions or intructions? Would I need a slide hammer type puller?

Thanks, Keith

oh yeah ...if anyone is interested in any of the auto trans or parts make me an offer.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions