Attaching License Plate on NAS 90 SW - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 4th, 2015, 03:44 PM
1988 D90 RHD 19J
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Is that legal without a light?

I need to add a light to it to make it legal...just recently mounted it...

BTW...I ordered new rear and front UK plates from a company (have not mounted them yet, but look fantastic)...not too expensive either...Note that the black rectangle actually has the same stars and GB as the front plate but the flash blacked it out...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150423_201250.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	122275  

America Runs on Dunkin'
Rovers Run on Diesel

2008 Range Rover HSE L322/MkIII
1988 D90 County RHD 2.5TD
2015 Porsche Cayenne TD
Old June 4th, 2015, 04:04 PM
1989 110SW 1 of 2,000,000
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Is that legal without a light?

I bought these for my adventure trailer plate. Very nice, clean install. Rupse 2* White LED Motorcycle, Car License Plate Screw Blot Light: Automotive

Old June 4th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Mason Worley
'95/NAS D90 SW #59/500
I like those plates. Could have fun with em. I used a set of plate lights similar to those on a '32 Hiboy roadster I had years ago. Enough lite to keep the heat off me.
Old June 4th, 2015, 04:28 PM
wayne p
1985 d90 2.5NA
Originally Posted by dendrite View Post
Thanks, just the type of info I was looking for!

Here is one I found on Fleabay and another, although they don't exactly match the description you gave.
And from a vendor: Bracket
Are any of these what you were referring to?

------ Follow up post added June 4th, 2015 12:20 PM ------

That's a great way to do it if the holes line up, however since the US plate is shorter in height, it will still leave 2 holes exposed, like where the aluminum clips are in my photo above. I'm guessing because it's a Japan Spec. Maybe I'm missing something (synapse) here, but if you have a picture....

Those SAAB ones are what I use. They put the plate a very, very slight tilt that you probably wont notice or, if you are OCD (like me) 2 washers deal with that. The SAAB 900 one on Fleabay looks to have more of an angle, but could be the photo. I used ones from a 2006 era 93.

The SAAB ones don't have multiple holes an slots, I was referring to the cheapo universal mounts.

------ Follow up post added June 4th, 2015 03:33 PM ------

Originally Posted by cascade90 View Post
That works. Wish I could get my hands on big 'ol plate for the wall.

My truck came w/ the huge French rear plate that I couldn't mount on the other side of the truck. I got a smaller version of my plate from these folks to match the front. They sell the full size EU ones.
'85 90 2.5NA
'72 SIII 88"
..tolerant Wife...
Old June 4th, 2015, 08:02 PM
1985/Defender 110
I actually found an adapter at Canadian Tire in Canada that lines up with the holes in the license plate light and holds the light at slight angle down and about 1.5" below the light itself, painted it black and looks just about stock to me. Will get pics tomorrow for you if you want.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

90, ac, license plate, nas