Assistance with Fresh Air Vent Fan - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 9th, 2008, 04:11 PM
JRW
John
94 D90 ST #1247

Assistance with Fresh Air Vent Fan

Looking for some guidance...

With winter approaching, I am trying to get the heater/fresh air ventilation working on my 94 ST. When ever I put the lever into the fan mode, I am blowing a fuse. I pulled the cover off the RH wing and reached in to see if the fan would turn. Unfortunately, I am barely able to turn the fan by hand. I assume this is my problem...

How difficult is it to replace the fan unit on the heater box?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 17th, 2008, 12:01 AM
JRW
John
94 D90 ST #1247

Any thoughts???

Really appreciate any feedback.
Old November 17th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Gren_T
Gren Thomas
1985 90 300tdi auto

Hi John, its an easy enough job, only bolts hold the fan to the heater housing, however you have to remove the heater housing to get at it.

remove heater hoses, remove control cables, undo 5 bolts holding heater to bulkhead and you should be able to wiggle it out.

while its out it may be a good idea to drill out the rivets around the top of the heater and check the matrix, i have packed the sides of mine with dense foam to stop the air getting around the sides of the matrix.

the original foam had broken up and allowed the matrix to rattle about.

a tip for you is to drill a small drain hold in the bottom of the fan chamber to allow any water to drain out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 17th, 2008, 03:31 PM
JRW
John
94 D90 ST #1247

Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
fan