Ashcroft LT230 ATB Diff - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 28th, 2017, 09:42 AM
Nooner
Ryan Noonan
1994 D90 NAS #159

Registry
Ashcroft LT230 ATB Diff

Does anyone have any experience with one of these?

Ashcroft Transmissions

I've read it can minimize drivetrain slop and can help on low friction surfaces...but I don't have open diff front and rear, I have a Detroit locker in the back and a truetrac LSD in the front and I can't seem to find much about that combination of front/center/rear.

My worry is that the Detroit in the rear may cause a little too much drivetrain windup for some reason...but part of me thinks this wouldn't be a factor because the front wheels travel farther than the rear

I understand how a limited slip diff works between two axles but my brain starts to hurt with four axles, two driveshafts, another LSD, and a mechanical locker. Anyone who can shed light on the idea would be appreciated.

It's for a '94 D90 and I'm looking to reduce drivetrain slop and reduce wheel spin with an unlocked center diff on sand.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 20th, 2017, 01:05 PM
roadworn
jonathan
1990 110 5 door

Registry
Dio you have any resolution to your question? Iam looking at this automatic torque biasing centre differential option for my 1990 110 with factory diffs and LS engine. Maybe trutrac later on
Old November 20th, 2017, 01:51 PM
defender1844
Amit Likhyani
95 D90 Soft Top Estoril Blue 6.2 LS

I've got that LT230 with ATB. I've also got Detroit trutracs front and rear. Can't comment on the Detroit locker in the rear. The combination I have is really smooth though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 20th, 2017, 04:46 PM
RamblerRob
Rob Apps
1967 series 2a 109 NADA

Registry
I've got that combination sitting on my garage floor waiting to go in. I have KAM locking front and rear. That all being said I can't really offer up any feedback until I actually get the thing going
Old November 20th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Interesting idea. It seems a bit like the BW box on RRC yet remains manually lockable as well.
I have a Detroit on my truck. Tend to drive with the center diff open unless at an obstacle which suggests a little extra caution/traction is desired.
If I had a BW box on a RRC would I worry about a Detroit in the rear? I doubt it.
Old November 20th, 2017, 06:53 PM
roverman2010
John
1985 LR 90 200Tdi

Registry
I found reading the description on their Web site good, from it I take the the ATB works as a Saftey if you happen to hit a icing spot with one wheel and it spins out control.

Still looking for that place where I can carry a paddle and get asked what's that.

JnK Services
FC101 GS FFR
57 LR 88" SXF 858
85 LR90
95 D1 Tdi
05 D3 HSE
97 XK8 BRG FHC For Sale

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
lt230