Ashcroft Center Console Instructions? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old April 3rd, 2008, 11:40 PM
PCRover's Avatar
PCRover
Status: Offline
Gary Young
'94 90ST -> SW
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 304
Ashcroft Center Console Instructions?

Does anyone have instructions on how to assemble and install the Ashcroft Automatic Center Console? Or am I supposed to just figure it out myself since no instructions were included with mine.
__________________
Gary
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old April 4th, 2008, 12:23 AM
mpsteil
Status: Offline
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Woodside,CA, USA
Posts: 675
Come look at mine Gary. Should be the same.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 4th, 2008, 03:29 AM
proulx70's Avatar
proulx70
Status: Offline
Paul S.
1997 NAS BRG Soft-Top
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 216
I took my center console out a couple years ago to put Dynamat on the inside. The hardest part was figuring out how the get the auto shifter off! The only attaching bolts for the console are at the very back under the lid; other than that the console just 'sits' on the floor. Pull out the tray so you have access the the metal frame and it bolts down to the floor. The NAS autos I believe have pre-tapped/threaded nuts in the floor to accept the bolts. You'll probably just have to start drilling!

There was also one little press-fit button at the very front buy the hood release but its not needed.

Hope that helps.

P~
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old April 4th, 2008, 11:56 AM
PCRover's Avatar
PCRover
Status: Offline
Gary Young
'94 90ST -> SW
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 304
Yes, it does help as it answers one of my questions, how is it held down. Some other questions are:

1) What is the reccomeded lid hinge to use?
2) How do you secure the insert into the lid?
3) What is the large square angled piece used for?
4) How does the latch get mounted to the cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by proulx70
I took my center console out a couple years ago to put Dynamat on the inside. The hardest part was figuring out how the get the auto shifter off! The only attaching bolts for the console are at the very back under the lid; other than that the console just 'sits' on the floor. Pull out the tray so you have access the the metal frame and it bolts down to the floor. The NAS autos I believe have pre-tapped/threaded nuts in the floor to accept the bolts. You'll probably just have to start drilling!

There was also one little press-fit button at the very front buy the hood release but its not needed.

Hope that helps.

P~
Follow-up Post:

Thanks Mike, I sort of forgot you had one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsteil
Come look at mine Gary. Should be the same.
__________________
Gary
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 5th, 2008, 12:12 PM
proulx70's Avatar
proulx70
Status: Offline
Paul S.
1997 NAS BRG Soft-Top
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 216
1)What is the reccomeded lid hinge to use?
The lid hinge is a "piano hinge" that runs the whole width of the lid.

2) How do you secure the insert into the lid?
On the factory one, its melted in place. You could use some epoxy. GOOP works really well.

3) What is the large square angled piece used for?
Do you mean the metal piece? That what holds the whole thing to the floor.

4) How does the latch get mounted to the cover?
You have to make some holes. You could use a soldering gun to melt the hole if you have the flat blad-like tip attachment on the gun. Then it screws together from the underside.

I'll try to take some reference pictures for you in the next day or two.

P~
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old April 7th, 2008, 01:24 AM
PCRover's Avatar
PCRover
Status: Offline
Gary Young
'94 90ST -> SW
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 304
Looks like I have it pretty much figured out. Thanks for the info guys, it helped!
__________________
Gary
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old April 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM
ashtrans
Status: Offline
Dave Ashcroft
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCRover
Looks like I have it pretty much figured out. Thanks for the info guys, it helped!
Hi,

you must have bought it a while ago as we have been supplying them assembled for about 18 months now,

we now charge a bit more and only supply them assembled because as you have found out it can be very time consuming, we are building a batch now in the workshop if you would like any photos posted,

let me know,

Dave Ashcroft
__________________
Dave Ashcroft


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old April 7th, 2008, 05:29 PM
PCRover's Avatar
PCRover
Status: Offline
Gary Young
'94 90ST -> SW
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 304
Pictures would be great! It would be nice to see what it is supposed to look like as I assemble mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtrans
Hi,

you must have bought it a while ago as we have been supplying them assembled for about 18 months now,

we now charge a bit more and only supply them assembled because as you have found out it can be very time consuming, we are building a batch now in the workshop if you would like any photos posted,

let me know,

Dave Ashcroft
__________________
Gary
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
console

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - LR OEM Center Console w/radio - 1995 jam90 For Sale - Parts 2 January 19th, 2006 11:31 PM
Tuffy Center Console Peter Defender Technical Discussions 0 September 7th, 2004 04:00 PM
Center Console Nobrega Defender Technical Discussions 10 April 29th, 2004 10:29 AM
97 Center Console lobster Wanted 3 March 2nd, 2004 02:13 AM
Cheapest place to buy a tuffy center console JRowe Defender Technical Discussions 3 October 6th, 2003 10:42 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.


Copyright