Are Parts for Land Rover 110 and Defender 110 Different? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 15th, 2015, 02:07 AM
Bayonet16
Ed
1984/110

Are Parts for Land Rover 110 and Defender 110 Different?

New to Rovers. Probably a really stupid question...

Have a 1984 Land Rover 110. Noticed that most part-houses only list "Defenders" as an option when searching for parts. Are the parts for say, a 1984 LR 110 and a 1987 Defender pretty much the same, or should I be looking for Series parts? Is there a definitive parts catalog out there that can help me narrow down what I need based on my, relatively unique, model name (LR 110 vs. Defender 110)?

For example, I'm trying to buy a differential gasket. The one they show on Paddock under "Defender Rear Axle up to KAXXXXXX" is round, but mine is not. I see a Salisbury gasket on the website that looks like mine; however, there is no way to be sure. I think my VIN is AAXXXXX? I assume that's what they are referencing to narrow down parts, and that I am looking in the right section?

Thanks for you help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 15th, 2015, 03:37 AM
nengelbrecht6
Nick Engelbrecht
2005 LR3 SE "No Name Yet"

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayonet16 View Post
New to Rovers. Probably a really stupid question...

Have a 1984 Land Rover 110. Noticed that most part-houses only list "Defenders" as an option when searching for parts. Are the parts for say, a 1984 LR 110 and a 1987 Defender pretty much the same, or should I be looking for Series parts? Is there a definitive parts catalog out there that can help me narrow down what I need based on my, relatively unique, model name (LR 110 vs. Defender 110)?

For example, I'm trying to buy a differential gasket. The one they show on Paddock under "Defender Rear Axle up to KAXXXXXX" is round, but mine is not. I see a Salisbury gasket on the website that looks like mine; however, there is no way to be sure. I think my VIN is AAXXXXX? I assume that's what they are referencing to narrow down parts, and that I am looking in the right section?

Thanks for you help.
Most use "Defender" pretty liberally to mean all Land Rovers 90s and 110s, even though they weren't officially named "Defender" until 1990. As for the parts, it's hard to say really because not all Landies are the same.

I use the following link for researching parts.

Allbrit MG ROVER & Land Rover Ersatzteilkatalog

Hopefully it is of some use to you.

I had the same issue with my gasket for the rear axle. I ordered the round one from Paddock then realised that I should have ordered the Salisbury one.
Old August 16th, 2015, 05:25 AM
Bayonet16
Ed
1984/110

Quote:
Originally Posted by nengelbrecht6 View Post
Most use "Defender" pretty liberally to mean all Land Rovers 90s and 110s, even though they weren't officially named "Defender" until 1990. As for the parts, it's hard to say really because not all Landies are the same.

I use the following link for researching parts.

Allbrit MG ROVER & Land Rover Ersatzteilkatalog

Hopefully it is of some use to you.

I had the same issue with my gasket for the rear axle. I ordered the round one from Paddock then realised that I should have ordered the Salisbury one.

Thanks. That's a good site. Still only goes back to Defender '87, but I guess I'll just have to be really careful when ordering. It's disappointing that companies only go back to 87. Makes part ordering for an '84 LR 110 a little risky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 16th, 2015, 07:17 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
I feel your pain. I have an early 83 110 with some Series parts so I'm always questioning myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 16th, 2015, 10:20 AM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Land Rover Parts and Accessories from RovahFarm Use this place for parts. Trevor can tell you what works and what doesn't when you order.

You little rebel, I like you.
Old August 16th, 2015, 12:25 PM
mcoleman762
Mike Coleman
94 D90 ST/95 D90 SW/83 110

This is the book you guys are looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/Rover-Parts-Ca...rds=rtc+9863CE

It's a must-have for anyone with a stock early 80s 110. I'm sure it can be found in electronic format somewhere on the web, but I prefer books. As has been mentioned, there are a lot of Series parts in these early trucks, especially the 83 and 84 models.

I'll second Trevor at Rovahfarm for parts! If he doesn't have it on his website, he can usually get it for you. I've also had excellent service from Britcar in the UK when searching for oddball early parts that nobody else has.

Cheers,

Mike
Old September 3rd, 2015, 04:38 PM
Bpgt3
Brian
none

How about parts for an 86' ex mod 110. Not sure what the production date is. I see a lot about august 1986 . Having a hard time finding parts.

Is there any info about the ex mods on the internet? Have done may searches but very little out there.
Old September 3rd, 2015, 04:46 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpgt3 View Post
How about parts for an 86' ex mod 110. Not sure what the production date is. I see a lot about august 1986 . Having a hard time finding parts.

Is there any info about the ex mods on the internet? Have done may searches but very little out there.
Pretty vague. Which parts?!
Old September 3rd, 2015, 07:18 PM
ezzzzzzz
Mark Garrenton
Too many here or gone to list here

I have the parts catalog covering 110's up to August 1986, P/N RTC9863CE. It is still available (though likely from UK) for about $45 plus shipping. Here is one link Parts Catalogue Land Rover 110 up to August 1986

Your 110 probably has the Salisbury rear axle. The gasket needed is RTC1139.
Old September 4th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Bpgt3
Brian
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Pretty vague. Which parts?!

Parts in general...parts catalog and info on the 110 ex mod in general. I am not looking for anything specific. Just want as much info about the 110 ex mod as I can get.
Old September 4th, 2015, 08:53 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpgt3 View Post
Parts in general...parts catalog and info on the 110 ex mod in general. I am not looking for anything specific. Just want as much info about the 110 ex mod as I can get.
Some will, some won't

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, defender, defender 110, land rover, part, parts