ARB solenoid connector and switch? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 12th, 2007, 09:58 AM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
ARB solenoid connector and switch?

Hi,
Does any one knows if the connector that comes with the ARB solenoid (i.e. the electric air valve) is easy to find at local part/electrical stores? I realized last night that they do not provide the male side (or is that female side? Whatever...). And i don't want to cut it unless I have to! :-)
Same question for the dash switch: is that a standard switch? My old locker seems to have a style push button" whereas the new locker has a style "rocker switch". I think having both using the same style would look nicer.
Maybe I should check with ARB first?

Thanks!
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2007, 07:50 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro

Registry
Doing a search on google and looking at a bunch of pictures, it seems that this is a switch that is fairly common in the boating community (sealed and everything).
Marking on the ARB Switch are:
CarlingSwitch
V1DA Mexico
20A 12V 0339

The search I ran was on "V1DA". While the items on eBay don't seem worth it (UPS shipping kills it....), there are a few sites that seem to carry it (the only "problem" is that they do come with a "top" so I hope the fitting is the same....).
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
Old January 14th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Tim Scully
Tim Scully
95 D90 SW/ 95 RR LWB

If you are refering to the connector for the air solenoid cant you just use a crimp on connector on the two wires that go to it. Where did you mount you compressor?

I have the ARB harness and there isnt a connector for the dash switches just individual pins that connect to the switches. There are three setsof pins that are labeled for the switch they go to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 14th, 2007, 11:25 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Scully
If you are refering to the connector for the air solenoid cant you just use a crimp on connector on the two wires that go to it. Where did you mount you compressor?

I have the ARB harness and there isnt a connector for the dash switches just individual pins that connect to the switches. There are three setsof pins that are labeled for the switch they go to.
Yes, you can use crimp on connectors, but I was looking for the "nice" way. It turns out that whoever did the rear locker before I buy this truck installed the harness that includes two plugs. I realized that once I had modified a RadioShack plug to use those crimp on connector.... Anyway, I'll post pictures later in case someone end up in a similar situation (I like to be able to unplug stuff without having to worry about using tape, remembering where stuff get plugged,...).
Because it is the "old" style, I ended up cutting the dash-side plug (that is supposed to be plugged on the push button).
As the "new style" switch is longer, I had to dremel a little the dash to make room. The result is decent (and working! ;-) ). Still didn't get a chance to take it out for a spin....
So now that everything is plugged in, I'll probably wait a little before I look to replace the "old style" push button by the "new style" rocker switch. If anyone does the search (that's the "V1DA" switch reference), keep me (us) posted!
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
switch