So, Dan and I tackled this today - it was DEFINITELY a two man job to remove the ARB to switch on over to the RockWare bumper.
Here we're my steps for removing the ARB bumper.
1. Remove Hella lights
2. Remove heritage grill
3. Remove horizontal frame bolts that Go through the frame horns and secure the steering guard.
4. Remove winch fairlead bolts
5. Remove winch line hook and run line through the back of the fairlead
6. Remove license plate
Up to this point, everything went smoothly. Now came the fun part. Once Dan showed up we got to work on the vertical 17mm grade 8 vertical bolts I started this thread trying to figure out how to remove.
Dan went under the truck and tried to fit his 17mm wrench on one of the nuts - that wouldn't fit. We then PB Blasted all of the vertical bolts and got to work. With Dan under the truck he tried securing a flat head screwdriver up against a flat side of one of the nuts inside the frame while I used a 17mm socket wrench up top. This worked well but slow, and we removed the passenger-most side bolt/nut first without too much trouble. Then we attempted the central vertical bolt on the passenger side using the same screwdriver and socket but this side was not cooperative.
We finally decided to cut the frame tabs that everyone above had said to cut in the first place. I took the grinder and put the cutting wheel on and got to it (Dan you should have gotten a photo of me doing this!
) I did the tabs on only the outside of each frame horn on the driver and passenger sides and from here progress rolled along pretty quickly. On the driver side I was under the truck while Dan was up top using the socket.
7. Removed vertical frame bolts
8. Remove wire lead from battery to solenoid box
9. Remove remaining winch bolts
10. Remove winch
11. Remove bumper
12 OH CRAP THE TURN SIGNALS ARE STILL CONNECTED
13. Remove bumper turn signals.
14. Remove bumper.
15. Get all of the nuts that fell inside the frame horn out with a magnet. Also get some little brackets out that was in each frame horn
16. Get RockWare on
17. Put old vertical bolts in (to be replaced)
18. Reconnect winch battery cable
19. Realize that free spool and engage knob canister needs to be rotated as it hits the bumper
20. Realize driver side Hella light wire is too short to reach the front of the bumper.
21. Replace winch bolts
22. Realize I need a Warn bracket that will secure the solenoid/remote box if I decide not to relocate it.
23. Bask in glory that Dan and I are finished - sort of.
24. Thanks again for the help on the bumper, Dan!