ARB Recovery Point - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 3rd, 2004, 11:09 AM
Nedim Aruz
1995 D90 SW
ARB Recovery Point

I'm bringing my D-90 in this weekend to get an ARB bull bar and warn winch installed. I seen quite a few pics of ARB's with either the 3/4 shackles mounts or the Dixon Bate mounts with the coresponding backing plates...I was wondering if this is something that can be added at a later date (i.e after the bumper is attached to the the frame). Also, is the ARB pre-drilled for such recovery brackets?

P.S. The bar was shipped directly to the shop that is mounting it -- otherwise I'd look for myself

Old December 3rd, 2004, 11:33 AM
Mike Hippert
94 D-90 Grinding Rover
It is not drilled for the mounts, And it would be easier to put them on before mounting the bumper, at the same time have them grind off the shackle loops on the bottom of the bumper as they get in the way, then get bent and look like crap.

Don't forget to Search first then ask questions later! The loose nut behind the wheel
Old December 3rd, 2004, 10:54 PM
Dennis Meek
95 D90 #2826 Bought New
ARB Recovery Point

I installed the shackles on my ARB bullbar while is was mounted on the the truck. I installed mine without backing plates. On the backside of the bull bar where the bull bar connects to the frame you will notice that this is welded to the bull bar. I placed my shackles so they spanned this weld joint. This way when pulling on the shackle with a winch, the force is being transferred to the frame and I don't believe it would be possible to bend the bull bar. Just don't mount the recovery points on the outside of this area as you will end up bending something.

Good luck,

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions