ARB M002 install location - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 2nd, 2015, 03:35 PM
ARB M002 install location

The darker months are coming and I'd like to upgrade my headlights. I have the ARB M002 loom and would like to get an idea as the best/easiest place to install it in the circuit.

I tried the search button. There is lots of talk on this topic but couldn't find any install details.

Many thanks!

Old November 2nd, 2015, 03:43 PM
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST
I'm pretty sure I used the driver's side headlamp plug to 'feed' the Headlamp Harness, and the headlamp harness positive was taken from the Alternator Output stud, Negative from the Alternator Bracket..

It was oh, maybe 16 years ago when I did it, and it was a different brand harness, but the idea is pretty much the same for all of them..

~Scott T.
'95 D-90 ST - AA Yellow
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!"

Save The Manuals!
Old November 3rd, 2015, 08:30 AM
Samer Hijazi
1986 D110 V8
It all depends on where your battery is located in your truck. Mine was under the passenger seat in a ROW truck (right hand drive), and I wired it to the battery directly, and fed the headlamps from the same side.

I bought a "project box" from Radio Shack to house the relays and add a little protection from the elements, and mounted the box to the top of the fender well under the hood.
Thank you - Samer
1996 Range Rover P38
Defenderless for now!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions