ARB locker install without air - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 14th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
ARB locker install without air

I have a new to me front ARB 3rd member thanks to Ron that is waiting on install. Waiting on that ARB was a set of Rovertracks HD shafts and CV's. The catch is I don't have the compressor yet. Can I install the ARB now while waiting to get the compressor, and just cap off the air fitting and run as an open diff without issue?

I've got some other things I want before Expo and would like to get the diff and axles in before the trip, and then install the compressor later in the summer.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 14th, 2014, 08:41 PM
robertf
Robert F
1995 Discovery

no problem, and if you are using that blue hose there will be some point in your arb ownership where it will be unhooked from a compressor anyway.

I'd test it with shop air before installing to make sure the o-ring is good. I tested mine at 90psi shop air. I think the cut off for the arb compressor is in the low 100s
Old February 14th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Thanks all!

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions