Defender Source Forum banner

ARB Intensity Loom into TD5 Dash

Tags
dash td5
1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Capt Milks 
#1 ·
I am attempting to connect IPF LED lights with the ARB Intensity Loom. It comes with its own switch, but I would like to utilize my dash switch instead. I have connected everything else aside from connecting to switch itself and would like instruction/guidance.

1st pic: dash switch with pins 1-5 marked. The 2 larger wires that need to be connected are just to the right (black and black with white stripe)

2nd pic: the wiring diagram that I found on message boards.
PIN 1: earth relay
PIN 2: dash illumination
PIN 3: not used, but joined internally to pin 4
PIN 4: earth dash
PIN 5: live

Essentially, where do I connect/tap the 2 black switch wires in order to turn on the lights? Everything I have seen on message boards have started from a virgin switch, without aforementioned wiring within pins. I don't wanna blow anything up or short circuit anything.

My other option is just to connect as they recommend, but I would be using ARB's switch vs the built in one in the dash.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Do you have that relay in your fuse box? I would hook up the switch and see if you have any power on the Blue white wire. If so you could just tap into that wire for you front lights. If you want to connect them up to the light harness that already has a relay You will just have to use the wires in the black connector. Do you want the lights to be on with the High Beam? The above diagram shows how a proper fog light should be wired. What harness are you using in your truck? Looks like a Td5 set up?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.