ARB Differential Lockers - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 6th, 2013, 09:21 PM
couga861900
Cougar, WM of Hiram 72
Land Rover Defender 90 2.5td

Registry
ARB Differential Lockers

Does anyone know where to get ARB diff lockers set up in NYC? I have the set up in my rear differential but my compressor is not set up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2013, 01:20 PM
sflash868
Stephan Laputka
1995 D-90 SW

What exactly do you need done? Do you need the locker installed into the diff carrier or is everything plumbed up and you just need the compressor wired up? What about the switches? are they installed already?
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:51 PM
couga861900
Cougar, WM of Hiram 72

Registry
I need the switches and compressor installed. All that is installed are the ARB in the differential. Everything else needs to be installed. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2013, 06:38 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

Should be a simple job. run some electrics and airlines. or sell it to me for dirt cheap
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:06 AM
sflash868
Stephan Laputka
1995 D-90 SW

When you say the diff is installed, I'm going to assume whoever installed it also drilled the housing and ran the blue airline? If so, where does the other end of the line dead end? I'm sure there is going to be a lot of opinions on this but where do you want the compressor to sit? I have it under the passenger seat.

Long story short, as ini88 suggested, it's not that difficult but time consuming. There is nobody in the city that I've used before but if you tell them exactly what you want, you could probably take it to the dealer worse comes to worse. Tell them where you want the switches and where you want the compressor and you'd probably be fine. If not, I know a few guys in Jersey that could do it or my race shop in Nyack, NY (25 miles out of the city) could do it. They could use my truck as a template.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:40 AM
couga861900
Cougar, WM of Hiram 72

Registry
Cool. Please Pm me the address.

The lines in my truck is not set up. I brought the 300tdi rear axel from a mate who had the ARB front and rear diff locks. He sold me the rear. The's no line set up. I have the compressor and I would like it under my passenger seat next to the battery. I'm looking for the connectors and lines. I have the blue lines in a box but I would like something stronger. I'm planning to get the MUD UK centre console. When I get it I would like the 2 switches installed there. In the future, I'm planning to get Detroit TRUTRAX (unsure of the spelling) installed in the front. I didn't want air lockers on both diff.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by couga861900 View Post
Cool. Please Pm me the address.

The lines in my truck is not set up. I brought the 300tdi rear axel from a mate who had the ARB front and rear diff locks. He sold me the rear. The's no line set up. I have the compressor and I would like it under my passenger seat next to the battery. I'm looking for the connectors and lines. I have the blue lines in a box but I would like something stronger. I'm planning to get the MUD UK centre console. When I get it I would like the 2 switches installed there. In the future, I'm planning to get Detroit TRUTRAX (unsure of the spelling) installed in the front. I didn't want air lockers on both diff.
If you already have compressor and other bits, why wouldn't you want an ARB up front as well?
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:28 PM
couga861900
Cougar, WM of Hiram 72

Registry
It is better to have 1 diff that us mechanical and the other that are air lockers. I feel that if you have a hole in the line or compressor failure, you would still be able to get out of whatever you're into. If both lockers are down, you're screwed.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:35 PM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
keep in mind that you will be driving a truck with an "automatic" locker in the front and selectable in the rear. In certain driving conditions, particularly on the highway in snow, this could lead to some unpredictable situations.

That aside, the air lines are fairly simple to do a trailside/roadside repair on with quick connect fittings. If you are truly that worried about the air lines several companies offer SS line kits or you can put the blue line inside heater hose or similar.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:35 PM
couga861900
Cougar, WM of Hiram 72

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefhuf View Post
keep in mind that you will be driving a truck with an "automatic" locker in the front and selectable in the rear. In certain driving conditions, particularly on the highway in snow, this could lead to some unpredictable situations.

That aside, the air lines are fairly simple to do a trailside/roadside repair on with quick connect fittings. If you are truly that worried about the air lines several companies offer SS line kits or you can put the blue line inside heater hose or similar.
Good advice.

With TruTrack, You haver to step on the brakes several times ti engage them. For example, mash 3 quick times and they are engaged-mash 2 X and they are disengaged.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
differential