ARB Compressor Install - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 26th, 2004, 01:48 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
ARB Compressor Install

IS under the seat in the battery area a good place to put the ARB compressor? I am installing mine there.
Advertisement

Old December 27th, 2004, 12:54 AM
Roadsiderob
Robert Dassler
1994 D90
D-90 Source Vendor

Randy,
I usually put them under the passenger seat in the toolbox to leave room for a second battery in the battery box.
Rob
Old December 27th, 2004, 06:41 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I wish I could put mine there but I have a gas tank under there...Euro tank is under the pass. seat.
Advertisement

Old December 27th, 2004, 07:48 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

mine is under the front wing, drivers side, just behind the headlights.
Old December 27th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Wolfeie
Townsend Wolfe
'94 D90

Down side to the "under the seat" location is that these things get HOT and there is little cooling air circulation under there. I would expect the excess heat to reduce the service life of the compressor in that location - especially if you use it for airing your tires back up.

I put mine under the drivers (left) side wing mounted to the top of the wheel well. That area is getting crowded now - preoiler, coil, headlight and driving light relays, and the ARB compressor. It's been there for 4 years with no problems
Old April 17th, 2005, 08:45 AM
scoloco
Scott
'94 D90 ST

Does someone with a pax seat arb compressor install have a pic or can tell me how and where the compressor is mounted? From looking I cant lie it down flat behind the jack as the solenoids wont have enough space when the lid goes on (unless I put it up at the front). I am trying to not move the jack (in front left corner of the box). The only other option I can see it to put the bracket against the front or right side of the box (with bolt holes coming into the cab). Mount compressor up/down or left/right?
I looked at Jimmys setup yesterday and am tempted to just put it up in the engine bay behind the left headlight. But then worry about and deal with sprayed water and mud from the fan.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
compressor