Anyone shear an O2 Sensor - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 24th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Robert Ragland
1994 Defender 90
Anyone shear an O2 Sensor

This was one fun weekend. In addition to my A/C woes, I found a new coolant leak, then my driver's side O2 sensor sheared off while attempting to remove and replace it. I sprayed some thread loosener, let it soak for a while, then proceeded. It seemed to be loosening okay, but when removed, the threads and lower section remained.

Besides cutting and reinstalling the section between the manifold and cat, does anyone have any suggestions? Access to this sensor is limited, and I can't imagine it do any good to risk pieces parts falling into the cat.

"Uhh...I think they all leak like that."
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Mike Hippert
94 D-90 Grinding Rover
OH man, all that I can say is to throw some high temp anti seize on the new one. I agree drilling could be bad if parts fall into the Cat. If you can't grab it with some Visegrips then you may be in trouble.

Don't forget to Search first then ask questions later! The loose nut behind the wheel
Old May 24th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Peter Sherman
NAS 110
IF you drill!! Use vaseline on the drill bit! It will help with the shavings! Use plenty & clean then reapply!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions