Anyone running OME 764's front & back? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Anyone running OME 764's front & back?

Anyone running OME 764's front & back?

If so, can you share your impressions, and spring seat to spring seat measurements? Equipment levels would be helpful as well. I'm actually thinking about bringing my truck down a little, blasphemy, I know...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 3rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I'm running 764's as a front spring. 755's as a rear.
I'm very heavy with rockware bumper, warn winch, 10mm skid plate, 4.0 liter diesel etc. so probably not a good reference point for a 90.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old June 4th, 2008, 08:54 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I ran 764s in the front of my ST and 781's in the rear for a cheater 3" lift with an SG front bumper with winch. Not sure how much your going to be lowering in the front with the 764s.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2008, 09:57 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland 110
I'm running 764's as a front spring. 755's as a rear.
I'm very heavy with rockware bumper, warn winch, 10mm skid plate, 4.0 liter diesel etc. so probably not a good reference point for a 90.
Doug,

I think the Diesel lump alone disqualifies any comparisons, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
I ran 764s in the front of my ST and 781's in the rear for a cheater 3" lift with an SG front bumper with winch. Not sure how much your going to be lowering in the front with the 764s.
Hey Chris,

When I had my Disco (96), I was running OME 764s in the front, and 759s in the rear (I'm the third from the last entry in the chart) , with a spring packer on the top of each of the shorter passenger side coils. Im sure my Discovery was a bit heavier (ARB bumper, X-9 winch as well), but it had only slight hints of castor induced steering drama, and handled and rode very well (238/85 tires). With the 764s in the front the distance between the spring perches was 12.75. I currently run OME 753's (SG Stage III springs, circa 1998), that give me a measurement of 13.25 between the perches, so I was hoping to drop about a half inch, maybe not realistic with the swap, not sure.

The 753s are also very nice off-road, in that they are soft and allow the front to work, instead of letting the back do all the flexing, but there is still the restriction of the front end design. Unfortunately, it is also like driving a wet sponge on the street, and Id like some more roll stiffness for street duty.

I think ultimately Id like to try 764s all around with a SG 3-Link, but given the state of things with SG, that seems unlikely to happen. Ive heard rumors that this was the combination run in the original Twist offs SG Stage II truck, that ended up being the favorite for its all around abilities

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac