Anyone had their 90 painted (by a pro)? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 28th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW
Originally Posted by michael15
Any idea what a shop would charge!

Mine quoted around 12.5k for all the parts disassembled, primed, painted and reassembled. They also factored in 15% discount. Sikkens or Glasurit.

It will a very expensive truck to paint. The only way to do it right is to take it down to the individual peices and paint them all separately. IMO.

Follow-up Post:

Originally Posted by Kerr
There are two types of D90 owners. the ones that use them, and the ones that dont. Here in town there are 3. one lookes brand new other there one has been useed (97 hard top) and a red convert that looks like it has been to hell and back twice. If i had a 90 i think i would want one that looks the part, scratches are not bad, they are battle scars. same can be said for dents.

If you wanted to be real differnt you could sand all the paint off, polish the aluminum and clear coat it have a delorian D90...

Uh huh. Not that expensive to get a car detailed, scratches removed or repainted, dents reomved. Who the hell wants to drive around in a shabby looking D-90?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

90, paint