Anybody tried DAP's stainless Y-pipes yet? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 1st, 2010, 08:15 PM
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi
Not even sure why I was hint hinting as in thinking about it I rarely even put a standard configuration type exhaust in anything anyhow. probably 75% are oil burners and the rest that might have cats are few and far. Just feeling the pain of those that want I'd suppose. I can certainly understand the issues with making anything "product". PITA and unless it is all you do (been there) it really isn't often that rewarding.

Now get back to work

Matt Browne new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST
I had a NRP Y-Pipe and the passenger side cat crapped out after about 1 year. I had originally ordered them direct from NRP, but then I found out they were bought by RN. I called RN and they were like, what do you want us to do about it?

Ended up going with jet-hot coated headers and custom setup.

Old March 7th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Hans Haase
The Lab Rat
Well, now that the snow has melted and I had the time to crawl underneath and really take a look at it. The Y-pipe is rusty on the outside, but it's still very serviceable, and definitely NOT the source of the leack that I was having.

The ACTUAL problem turns out to be the PCV line popped off of the flame trap. Not sure how that started causing fumes in the cabin, but it did. It also caused one heck of a odd idle problem. Put it back on, reset the ECU, and we're doing just fine.

My oil line fix

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions