anybody know these guys - D110 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 16th, 2011, 08:10 PM
cdb
Clark Bowen
1969 Series 2a/OM617 Bugeye 88"

anybody know these guys - D110

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/lan...any&picstart=2

probably not NAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 16th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Yes. Know them well. I saw this truck back in July. It is a NAS truck as the VIN will verify-believe the story was that it was flopped on its side. I was repaired with row rear tub and row front wings and no cage. The truck has been on their lot for a couple of months hence the ebay listing.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 16th, 2011, 11:04 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
If it's still at RMR, it's been there for more than a few months at this point; probably approaching a year+ at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 16th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
If I am not confused, this truck was owned by some wealthy person in the West Coast ( I think is was Oregon ) and kept it in a Hangar for a long time after the repair was done, then couldn't start it so sold if for $ XYZ, I think that was when Tim bought it
Old September 17th, 2011, 12:06 AM
cdb
Clark Bowen

Can you trust RMR?
Is the rig worth looking at. Given the time on the lot and the weird rivets/no corner braces probably not.
Pretty though
Old September 17th, 2011, 12:36 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Rmr seems like a good outfit and have cool trucks. This truck is an odd one. It had a terrible cage that was home made but it looks like it was removed and looks better.
Old September 17th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

It would be easy to get another Safety Devices cage and install it. Still looks like the truck needs a bit of TLC. Fit and finish doesn't look fantastic but OK. It is getting harder and harder to find a NAS 110. Would be a fun project.
Old September 17th, 2011, 08:51 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
It could be a fun project, but on a salvaged 110 nonetheless, and therefore never worth quite what a clean one would if you ever had to sell. The fact that it's been on their lot for so long gives you an idea of the issues that can come when trying to unload a vehicle with a branded title.
Old September 17th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Reese_D90
Reese
97 D90 ST and 93 D110

Registry
If I am not mistaken, this truck was for sale about a year ago out in Arizona or New Mexico. At that point it was about 80% rebuilt and looked like a real questionable build. What's left of the original truck?.... It looks like the frame is not original, rear tub, internal cage gone.... The plaque looks original though.
NAS 1993 D110 CDN #11/25
1997 D90 ST #1953
2006 Range Rover
1997 D90 SW #701 (sold)
1995 D90 ST (sold)
Old September 17th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb View Post
Can you trust RMR?
Is the rig worth looking at. Given the time on the lot and the weird rivets/no corner braces probably not.
Pretty though
Call Tim or Bart... they are very straight forward guys and members of this community.

Is it worth it? well .. people have paid more than that for worse NAS 110 units, so that is a question you can only answer.

Being at their lot for so long ( not sure if Josh is correct or not about being there for a year ), maybe they have finished some repairs, I think the colour and lack of Cage , has hindered the sale more than anything else.

As far as a previous Salvage History, it might make a dent on the price, but not by much for the NON D-90 buyer ( here it will cause we all are Vultures )

a plane ticket couldn't be that much

good luck
Old September 17th, 2011, 10:18 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC22958 View Post
It would be easy to get another Safety Devices cage and install it. Still looks like the truck needs a bit of TLC. Fit and finish doesn't look fantastic but OK. It is getting harder and harder to find a NAS 110. Would be a fun project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Call Tim or Bart... they are very straight forward guys and members of this community.

Is it worth it? well .. people have paid more than that for worse NAS 110 units, so that is a question you can only answer.

Being at their lot for so long ( not sure if Josh is correct or not about being there for a year ), maybe they have finished some repairs, I think the colour and lack of Cage , has hindered the sale more than anything else.

As far as a previous Salvage History, it might make a dent on the price, but not by much for the NON D-90 buyer ( here it will cause we all are Vultures )

a plane ticket couldn't be that much

good luck
I was thinking it could make a nice trail rig for someone that needs more room than a 90 and/or wants a NAS 110 and doesn't want to snot up a mint version. Like MC22958 it would be a easy to put on an SD cage if you want that NAS look or for the proctetion. And if you are building it for trail other items would need to be sorted/upgraded anyway. Run it off road for a bunch of years and then you still have the NAS 110 badge/VIN to restore it when or if you want.
Old September 17th, 2011, 10:27 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier

Being at their lot for so long ( not sure if Josh is correct or not about being there for a year )
Yeah it was on eBay out of Sacramento last July, which is when I'm assuming Tim bought it.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=26343

But he may have worked on it for a few months before listing it on his site:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=29723

cdb, buy it and work on it...it's had a tough life.
Old September 17th, 2011, 10:27 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I hate to say anything about it since it is for sale but it is no reflection on rmr. Not sure why you would want a nas 110 so badly to get this one. The title does kill the value but on top of that it has been hacked up and who knows the issues. It would cost much more to make this nice than to find a good nas 110. I think you would be better off buying a nice older 110 for the money like the blue one that was recently for sale and throwing the sd cage on it if you want the protection.
Old September 17th, 2011, 11:56 AM
cdb
Clark Bowen

I don't want an NAS 110 badly. I've had one, along with 18 other LRs in the past 20 years. This one just looked interesting and I appreciate the feedback.
Think I'll save the plane fare money.
Old September 17th, 2011, 03:23 PM
golden747
Tim Golden
Defender 130

Thanks guys for all the interest and opinions on the 110. It is actually a true NAS 110. The rear tub and front wings came from a mid 90's ROW. The frame, engine, running gear, and interior are all original 2 the truck. It's the driest 110 I've ever seen! My plan when I bought it was 2 put a new body and roll cage on it but we sold it 2 a guy in NY who drove it for 3 weeks and decided he wasn't a 110 guy. He traded it back in on an LR3. Then we sold it a 2nd time 2 a florist who paid a deposit wanted it lifted and the roll cage removed and then couldn't get financed. Needless 2 say he lost his deposit. So now we have decided to put a new roll cage, NAS tail lamps,NAS rear step, and corner capping on the rear. Then we will finish it up with a fresh paint job and ask about 39500 for it. It only has 57000 miles and zero mechanical issues and zero rust. if this truck wasn't a salvage title it would be worth upper 50's. I feel like 28000 like it sits Is fair. thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, body, d110