Anybody ever make storage compartments in the floor of a 110? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 22nd, 2013, 02:34 AM
skrufy
Tim Timmins
1987/Defender 110

Anybody ever make storage compartments in the floor of a 110?

Hi to All-

Newbie 110 owner here- '87 w/ 300 TDI, but have owned a '95 D1 since new. Have the same complaint with the 110 as I have with the Disco- Seems to me to be several places where
Solihull could have designed some storage bins in the cargo area and floors, even if they were shallow- someplace to store a tow strap, tool bag, etc.....

Anybody ever done this? I did a forum search for past threads, and didn't come up with much of anything. Maybe I didn't use the right words or something in the search window.....

The aft rear bench area on the left side seems most logical, and perhaps under the rear seats as well. Any ideas, pix, threads, previous experience, etc would be greatly appreciated. I am a pretty good fabricator, always looking for an excuse to buy more tools....

Many thanks-

Tim

'87 110/300Tdi
'95 D1
'52 restored Willy's M38A1 w/ matching '51 D&K M100 1/4ton trailer
Several 911s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 22nd, 2013, 05:01 AM
mightymo
matthew m
'95 Disco 300TDI

Registry
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrufy View Post
Hi to All-

Newbie 110 owner here- '87 w/ 300 TDI, but have owned a '95 D1 since new. Have the same complaint with the 110 as I have with the Disco- Seems to me to be several places where
Solihull could have designed some storage bins in the cargo area and floors, even if they were shallow- someplace to store a tow strap, tool bag, etc.....

Anybody ever done this? I did a forum search for past threads, and didn't come up with much of anything. Maybe I didn't use the right words or something in the search window.....

The aft rear bench area on the left side seems most logical, and perhaps under the rear seats as well. Any ideas, pix, threads, previous experience, etc would be greatly appreciated. I am a pretty good fabricator, always looking for an excuse to buy more tools....

Many thanks-

Tim

'87 110/300Tdi
'95 D1
'52 restored Willy's M38A1 w/ matching '51 D&K M100 1/4ton trailer
Several 911s

Also interested in various storage ideas. A few threads on here where guys put together some pretty nice storage drawers, etc (WOLF Fab). But more importantly, you are now obligated to post pics of your restored Willy's!
Old June 22nd, 2013, 07:13 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Contact SafariHP. Stephen is designing some storage compartments for my 110. One is a middle row box under the floor, and a left side storage locker in the rear quarter.

It was sounding like he has thinking about mass producing the center floor box.

I had a pretty badass rear drawer system in my 110, and am having another one built for my new 110.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 22nd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
You can try landiebox in the UK. Looks like his website is down, but he makes a drop in flush floor box that just requires cutting and riveting.

I also am just finishing up a drawer system if you need ideas.

Wolf, the middle row box would be cool. cooler still would be a middle row rivet-in box with storage and designed like yours to accommodate two front seats on slides.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old June 22nd, 2013, 12:46 PM
Xcelsius
Matt
89 D110

Someone in the UK makes something similar, but meant for the front, under a mat I presume.

http://www.farrowsclassics.co.uk/fcx...ON-LOKBOX.html

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags