Any suggestions - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 21st, 2005, 09:39 AM
dbwitt
Darrin Witt
1995 Defender 90

Any suggestions

Land Rover: 1995 SW w/ 75,000 miles/Fuel Filter changed 1500 miles ago.

Problem: Rover ran fine last week. The car starting sputtering around 70 miles an hour. I did not think I would make it home. I got off the highway and it ran great around town. Now it sputters at any speed. It idles fine. Starts fine.

I am thinking it is the speed sensor? I did a search on the forum but the symptons did not match mine. Could it be the fuel injection? Any help would be appreciated. This forum always saves my ass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2005, 09:59 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Hmmm, I would check the connection to all the spark plug wires at the cap and the plugs. Mine started doing the same thing when I bought it a few years back and there was corrosion on a couple of the connections. But you say it is fine when idlesing, mine had a ruff idle, Any engine codes? I would also say to check fuel pressure but I don't think there is an easy way to do this on a 95.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions