Any science to rebuilding door tops? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 21st, 2009, 05:45 PM
Justin Church
1994 D90 / '04 Disco
Any science to rebuilding door tops?

My door tops are beat up from flailing about in the back of the 90......i am taking them apart to have them powdercoated. I have run into a snag. I drilled all the rivets out on the back of the door top......the locking mechanism came out fine......however the strip that you have to remove to pull the glass out is glued in there or something.

Any ideas on pulling this strip off without completely destroying it?

Thanks in advance.

Old February 21st, 2009, 06:05 PM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
You did the rivets at the end of the channel too right? There's no glue, but you do have to do these screws that are in the channel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2005_12100009 - Resized.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	17921  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

door, door tops, rebuild