Defender Source Forum banner

Any Ideas?

996 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  revtor 
#1 ·
I was driving in stop and go Los Angeles traffic on the freeway. Driving in 2nd gear, shift into third and step on gas but nothing is there - like neutral.
Shift back to 2nd, same, let the clutch out and step on gas but it's like i'm in neutral -no power.
Oil light turns on, battery light turns on. Barely make it to the shoulder by coasting over.
Turn truck off. Attempt to restart and it wont turn over. Flat bed tow to rover garage. No strange noises or anything.

Never had any problems before. Just hit 50K. All fluids changed a week before incident (~150 miles).
Truck is at shop now, been sitting there over the weekend. Just thought I would post and see what you guys think. Will keep you updated. Cheers

#8 ·
SO it was a bad fuel pump.. But at the side of the road, the engine wouldn't turn over?? Did yo umean to say the engine wouldn't fire? Because if it wouldn't turn onver, thats definitely not the fuel pump....

glad you got it working again, trying to clarify the vocab a bit..

~Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.