any defender "friendly" shops around Annapolis, md?? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 23rd, 2008, 07:29 AM
rick aufderheide
95 d 90
any defender "friendly" shops around Annapolis, md??

Hi all,

my d90 needs serious brake work.

during inspection a few months back, my local shop replaced the front calipers, rotors, everything to the tune of 2.5 k with rovers north parts, etc

the brakes were fine (i drive about once a week), but now it seems like my pedal is almost hitting the floor.

brake fluid level is fine, pumping the pedal does not give me any more firm or height.

i am sure a saturday of taking it apart and diagnosing could fix the problem, but i just do not have the time or knowledge.

i am a bit leary of LR annapois, as i have heard nothing good. I am hesitant to take back to my own shop as they are really not good for much.

does anyone know of any good shops in the annapolis.. balti ore.. DC area that can fix my 90... and perhaps adjust the clutch, or replace as needed, without quacking my rig?

Old May 23rd, 2008, 07:55 AM
83 110
Rover Works

Give Gary a call, he's in the area, and he's all about the Rover. He's a little Old School, but he does good work. Tell him Tom McCarthy sent YA! Or Marge

Old May 23rd, 2008, 08:37 AM
Tony Brooks
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:09 AM
John Crouse
'93 NAS D110 (#8) / '61 Series II
Rover Shop

X2 on Gary Landis.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:40 AM
94 ST
Where is Flagg to chime in about Gary?
"It insists upon itself" Family Guy
"Your Defender insists upon itself" Dave Parker
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:38 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
Rick, It sounds like you either have a lot of air in your system, a leaking caliper, or your master cylinder is toast. I'm not a shop just a roverphile and importer who has been wrenching on rovers out of necessity for 25 years.

I have a pressure bleeder and would be more than willing to help you 1) bleed the brakes or 2) install a new master cyl., just bring enough beer to stave off thrist while we do the job. I'm just above Annapolis, 4 lights above rt 50 on rt 2 in Arnold. I have dealt with LR Annapolis for parts and avoid them when ever possible.
If you want to buy a master cyl we could put it on and bleed the brakes in an hour or so.

You can ring my cell @ four one zero 2004386.

Gary Landes comes highly recomended. He also is a home based operation these days. The shop Tony recomended is in Reisterstown and about as close as N. Virgina for you.

If you want to use a shop and need it to be local there is a good foreign shop called Redds across the street from Northwoods Restaraunt there in West Annapolis just a block off of Rowe Blvd.
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work
Old May 23rd, 2008, 01:07 PM
I have never seen a rover in person
Replace master cylinder. Only a couple hundred dollars and it is twelve years old.

*not legal advice*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions