antenna coupler?? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 8th, 2008, 06:16 PM
rick aufderheide
95 d 90
antenna coupler??

Hi all,

i did an hour long search in the archives.. came up with all sorts of good ideas for sat radio install, etc..

however, i could not find an answer to this:

my stock radio has a different antenna "prong" than will plug into my new alpine head unit.

it appears as if the british radio has the round plug type where as the "american" radio has the old fashion male plug.
is an adaptor made? radio shack?
am i missing something??

ps stock factory radio out of a 95

Old January 8th, 2008, 07:11 PM
93 110 | 97 90
I think this is what you need:

Old January 8th, 2008, 07:44 PM
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black
funny, i just did my radio about a week and a half ago and didn't have that issue (also 95). There was some type of adapter on the antennae cable so it fit in the stock radio. All I did was remove that and it fit perfectly in the Pioneer I replaced it with. When I removed the adapter, it looked exactly like the crutchfield adapter but that's already on the stock cable. I think

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions