Another brand of wheel carrier - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 23rd, 2015, 04:38 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
This is likely the one I am going with:

Stainless Steel Wheel Carrier- Black Pdr Coat post 2002 - 4x4overlander

It'll be roughly $950 shipped.
You can't go wrong with Nakatanenga. And you are buying from Brendan, he's a great guy, stands behind all his products.

You will have a little mod to make on the bottom bracket if you are fitting it with a NAS rear bumper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 23rd, 2015, 04:43 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN38 View Post
You can't go wrong with Nakatanenga. And you are buying from Brendan, he's a great guy, stands behind all his products.

You will have a little mod to make on the bottom bracket if you are fitting it with a NAS rear bumper.

I chickened out. The price was too rich for me in the end. Ended up with a Mantec.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old November 23rd, 2015, 05:13 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
They definitely appeal to my "overbuild" nature. Stainless, an insane weight carrying capacity, plus no drilling into the capping. I would consider putting a group buy together if there was enough interest. Pricey, yes, but worth every penny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 23rd, 2015, 06:19 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
I chickened out. The price was too rich for me in the end. Ended up with a Mantec.
Then you sold the truck.....
Old November 24th, 2015, 01:45 PM
doktorno
Chris deZ.
1995 Defender SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN38 View Post
They definitely appeal to my "overbuild" nature. Stainless, an insane weight carrying capacity, plus no drilling into the capping. I would consider putting a group buy together if there was enough interest. Pricey, yes, but worth every penny.
If you put together a group buy, add me to the list please Sir...
Old November 24th, 2015, 03:33 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

Those are nice but I need gas can storage, high lift and pull pal mounts.. Plus single swing if possible. (I take the kids to school and that's how we load the back seats )
So custom I assume...

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old December 4th, 2015, 06:58 AM
usadventureracing
Brett

Is there a swing gate tire carrier out there that you can swing it open without opening the rear door? Meaning one that does not permanently attach to the rear door.

Thanks
Old April 20th, 2016, 12:29 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Looks like SDO is stocking the NAKATANENGA one now and its on sale for $810 (I think)
Old April 20th, 2016, 12:39 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPT90 View Post
Looks like SDO is stocking the NAKATANENGA one now and its on sale for $810 (I think)
Jason's price on that tire carrier is fantastic. heck, his price on most products is amazing
Old April 20th, 2016, 12:43 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
Jason's price on that tire carrier is fantastic. heck, his price on most products is amazing
Agreed,

I am actually just amped that he is bringing their stuff over so I can shop their catalouge.

I am really interested in the lockable footwell containers as an option for replacing mine (and adding some soundproofing while I am at it!)

https://www.nakatanenga.de/zubehoer/...-defender?c=78
Old March 10th, 2017, 10:34 AM
cowboy
steven
'84 110 & '90 127 LHD 2-carb V8's

Quote:
I'm in the market for one of these, but I'm drawing a blank as to who or what "SDO" is - can someone pls clue me in?
Old March 10th, 2017, 10:41 AM
DPdotCOM
Dan Pollock
1983 Defender 3 Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
I'm in the market for one of these, but I'm drawing a blank as to who or what "SDO" is - can someone pls clue me in?
https://www.seriesdefender.com/

Great board member, has awesome products, and has saved me with parts on weekends a number of times!

Username is Nathanwind
Old March 10th, 2017, 12:23 PM
doktorno
Chris deZ.
1995 Defender SW

Registry
Have a Nakatanenga sitting in a box ready for install on a NAS SW, will let you know how it goes.
Old March 10th, 2017, 01:37 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Agreed,

I am actually just amped that he is bringing their stuff over so I can shop their catalouge.

I am really interested in the lockable footwell containers as an option for replacing mine (and adding some soundproofing while I am at it!)
Those footwell lockers are for puma's only...working with Peter to hopefully get them for the pre-Puma vehicles *soon*. I agree, will be great to have more storage. Along these lines, already stocking the cubby box safes shown below that go underneath the cubby and hinge up for secure/additional storage (and working on some custom-config mounting plates for switches/etc):
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cubby Box Safe01.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	216385 Click image for larger version

Name:	Cubby Box Safe02.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	216409 Click image for larger version

Name:	Cubby Box Safe03.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	216417

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
Present and accounted for . As Chris deZ pointed out, he's going to be mounting his pretty soon to a NAS truck if you're looking for any pics/feedback/etc. In the meantime any questions at all just let me know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
Thanks....I think !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPdotCOM View Post
https://www.seriesdefender.com/

Great board member, has awesome products, and has saved me with parts on weekends a number of times!

Username is Nathanwind
Always happy to help out my good man!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old March 10th, 2017, 01:51 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Those footwell lockers are for puma's only...working with Peter to hopefully get them for the pre-Puma vehicles *soon*. I agree, will be great to have more storage. Along these lines, already stocking the cubby box safes shown below that go underneath the cubby and hinge up for secure/additional storage (and working on some custom-config mounting plates for switches/etc):
Attachment 216385 Attachment 216409 Attachment 216417

Present and accounted for . As Chris deZ pointed out, he's going to be mounting his pretty soon to a NAS truck if you're looking for any pics/feedback/etc. In the meantime any questions at all just let me know...

Thanks....I think !

Always happy to help out my good man!

That's pretty nice. Wasn't there a board member who made something similar? If I could only remember his name...
Old March 10th, 2017, 02:06 PM
FlyersFan76
Chris
1987 110 Convertible

Registry
I think this is my next product that I am going to buy. Uninstalled parts for my truck are piling up but this tire carrier is nice. I have only seen pictures and read various reviews but it is really really nice.

I have one issue that I may have figured out by myself already but I figured I would ask the group.

I have a custom 110 soft top. The rear door is just a standard wagon door cut off down. I am pretty sure that I will not be installing drop down tail gate in the future. Which carrier should I choose.

Soft Top or standard?

btw, being that my truck is the way it is is another reason that I am probably going with this tire carrier. The soft top is in the way where other carriers seem to mount on the upper body.

Thoughts anyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170223_213511.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	216425  

1997 Defender 90- AA Yellow #1701- Wrecked
1997 Defender 90- AA Yellow #?- Sold
2000 AM General Hummer- Sold

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
carrier, wheel