Am I going about buying a D90 in the wrong way? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 18th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665
My two cents. First off Mike just watch out for the so called Ca trucks that claim no rust or rot. I went and looked at a very low mile 110 that was on ebay not to far from me that was advertised as exc. cond with $1200 worth of rust repair. What I saw when I got there you would not believe. It sure looked great in pics but you have know idea. The person who ended up buying on ebay left a negative feedback saying his est. for repair was over $15k and growing. All this and the guy who represented the seller was a LR salesman. My first D90 was a 94 that had about 98K when I bought. It had a lot of miles but drove,ran,looked better than most trucks with half the miles. Zero rust! I just sold it for $21k. The weird part was I had been trying to sell it for over three months. I took it to a local LR shop to try and spark interest and when the mechanic saw it a customer of his bought it the next day!. Sorry, my point is high miles did not do my truck bad. LR's need to be on the road. In my opinion mechanial parts are easier to get and change than any rusted or rotted parts. Not sure if this helped but good luck. Mike

Old April 19th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Keith Allen
94 d90 ST
Well, to chime in. Do your homework. There are fifty other people just like you looking for a good 90. When you find a 90 you like via the internet, make a good evaluation and tell the seller you will buy the vehicle ASAP. Try to tie it up for a nominal deposit with the balance due upon seeing the vehicle. I think it is well worth the price of a plane ticket to see the vehicle. Even if you fly in to look at the vehicle, have it inspected, then ship it back home, you know what you are getting. I have bought defenders from CA to NY and taken a plane ride to see all of them! Make sure your payment terms are based on "as described". However, beware that their idea of showroom condition and yours might be worlds apart. I have found that the hunt for a good d90 is half the fun! This forum is a great start as these guys know more than anyone about defenders. You will know the right truck when you see it. You just have to be ready to buy and have confidence that you know what you are looking at. Good luck with your purchase.

Where is the spell check on this thing. I gotta quit drinking!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

90, buying, d90