Alpine Window Seal - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 29th, 2007, 03:44 AM
RyanS
Ryan
'93 NAS 110

Alpine Window Seal

Wondering if anyone knows whether the alpine window seal on a NAS110 can be replaced without removing the roll cage. I hope so. Also, the parts catalog lists a weatherstrip (MWC4771) and a fillerstrip (302178). Are both of these required for replacement? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 29th, 2007, 11:59 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I've done 6 or so alpine window replacements, and I think you should be able to do it without pulling a cage section. You definitely want both pieces of the weatherstrip, the filler piece is a hassle to work with if it isnt supple.

Do yourself a favor and order the 20 dollar bluepoint tool (from snap-on) for installing the filler strip. It takes a terrible job and makes it super-easy.
Old July 29th, 2007, 11:41 PM
R. Kurk
Richard Kurk
1993 110 NAS #489

Jim C ... do you know the catalog number or specific name of the Snap On tool you are recommending?

Thanks,

Rich Kurk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2007, 12:42 AM
RyanS
Ryan
'93 NAS 110

JimC - Thanks for the advice.

I searched through Snap-On/Bluepoint, and could not find the tool you mentioned. Is it something on this page?

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/tools...e=snapon-store
Old July 30th, 2007, 03:03 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Its this part number: YA208A

Works perfectly!
Old July 30th, 2007, 08:34 PM
RyanS
Ryan
'93 NAS 110

Thanks! I'll check it out.
Old July 30th, 2007, 09:11 PM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

Ryan,

Please post any "best practice" or "gotchas" that you come across as I am looking downt he barrell of replacing my alpine seals, as well as windshield and rear sliding window seals.

Thanks,
Matt
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:19 PM
RyanS
Ryan
'93 NAS 110

Matt - If I end up doing this myself, I'll let you know what I run into. I also have a new windshield to install so I'm thinking about having the alpine windows done at the same time. But I'll do them myself if I can't find someone experienced in doing them - I can screw them up myself just as well

Regarding the rear windows, I did those a while back. It's been a while, but I recall there being some rivets that need to be drilled out to get the frame apart. I actually removed the windows completely from the body, and replaced all of the rivets that hold the frame to the body with screws/washers/nuts. I did this because I had the windows try to pop out from the body when several rivets failed during a run down a washboard road.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
window