Defender Source Forum banner

all lights turn on when I hit the break?!

Tags
ht lights
1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Tim Scully 
#1 ·
Well, no idea on this one. But heres the background. Checked and replaced all bulbs, bulb holders for tail lights, (looked good) replaced one. So no idea. At one point it blew a fuse and half my side lamps went out (easy 5 watt fuse fix) now lights all work. but when I have just my "parking lights on" when I hit the brake they get brighter... And my high brake light is on all the time now..
I'm sure there is a ground issue some where, idk, any idea where to start?

#2 ·
If it were a ground issue you wouldn't have excess current, which is the result of brighter lamps, but a decrease. Your lights would dim as the result of poor ground.

Did you replace all the bulbs with the same wattage rating as the OEM bulbs?

If you replace a 5 watt bulb with a 15 watt bulb you may experience an increase in illumination, but only if the wire & the fuse can carry the current to support the 15 watt bulb.

Check that the ratings on both bulbs and the fuse are correct just to be sure.

#4 ·
poo

Beware of autozone. I went back in and they said they were upgrading computer systems or something, and it listed the wrong bulbs. So DJ you were mostly right, they bulb was a higher wattage, so it would light up the 90 when I'd hit my brakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.