Alarms for D90s - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 18th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Harlan Boone
Tuffy box & battery cutoff switch. and leave it unlocked so they don't cut your soft top.

Old July 19th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team
The solution completely depends on what the primary intent is. For me the primary intent was to deter smash & grab opportunists. Secondary was to immobilize the vehicle so it couldn't be stolen. I occasionally park in the middle of nowhere to go kayaking or mountain biking and I have taken steps to make it a big pain in the ass to get in the vehicle. smash & grabbers won't bother if its not easy access and can be done in under a minute. I got broken into 2 years ago. They smashed the front windows and climbed into the rear to grab clothes and tools. All valuables was in my locked Tuffy so they were safe. I have since installed a metal dog guard and interior window guards are planned. That along with having all loose gear in a big locked Pelican will not make it worth it to most petty thieves. I initially liked the Viper because within a 2 mile radius the keyfob will sound an alarm as well. Unfortunately the wiring has not played nice with the stock wiring so I am going to remove it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

90, d90