Alarm Uninstall - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 11th, 2007, 11:26 PM
T.J. D...
NAS Defender 110
Alarm Uninstall

The previous owner installed an Alpine SEC-8047 in my 93 110. I've been unsuccessful locating an installation guide, thinking I could follow the procedure in reverse. I have located a wire color diagram. I have unplugged the main power connector and door lock/parking light connector from the main unit and the truck still starts. I'm taking that as a good sign. Before I start tearing out alarm wiring, any tips for an alarm removal?

Old January 12th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Matt VA
1995 D90 SW
For the most part an alarm is simply a glorified switchboard so you shouldn't run into much trouble depending upon what it's triggering.

Is there a remote start? (highly doubtful on that vehicle) If so, you'll need to be careful removing this as its connected to rev indicators and other engine components.

Is there a starter kill? This is going to be the biggest hurdle b/c most alarms are designed to trip the starter kill if the alarm is tampered with. That being said, it sounds like you're in the clear if you have already disabled the unit and the vehicle still starts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions