air lift springs - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 7th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Yagan Bibby
2010 2.4L TD 6spd Alaska White D90
air lift springs

Hi there

Wondering if anyone can post the stock rear coil dimensions for a US spec D90 94-97 vintage.

Specifically, I'd like to know the ID and height of the coils.

I would like this info as I am trying source AirLift airbags for the rear coils of my D90. I'm in Australia and I have a 2010 D90 same spec as the UK models I would guess. I can get the bags locally but they are not cheap ($350.00+).

Looking online I see that I can source the bags from the US for under $100 sans postage. But I see these bags are for 94-97 defenders.

So naturally I am hoping to ascertain whether or not the rear springs have changed in size or shape at all. Could not imagine they have. Chassis layout seems identical to previous generation cars. Poertrains seem only item to change.

All help welcome, Thankyou

Old November 7th, 2011, 09:23 AM
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team
All Rover springs are 6" diameter at the center of the coil except 110/130 rears which are 7". Ride height and free length depend on the application.

There should be no stock ride height difference between any 90s, NAS or otherwise....

Now to get more specific... I have used both Airlift and Firestone bags. I found them both a bit short for a stock 90 rear height and needed a spacer. If lifted, you will need more spacer. Airlift bag's are longer but the kit does not include a bottom spacer while the Firestone bags are shorter and have a bigger upper spacer and a lower one.

I keep meaning to ask both companies if they have a longer bag that would better suit lifted vehicles.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions