After 26 years of dreaming.... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:57 AM
Gunmaker
Michael Ullman
1995 D90 SW #270

Registry
After 26 years of dreaming....

My first land rover arrived on Monday!!!!!!! I had wanted to own a Series vehicle since I was 15 and then when I heard they were comming out with the NAS trucks I wanted one of those. I have a customer and friend that is the orginal owner of the Rover I bought and earlier this year he had mentioned that he was going to sell his 90. Time went by and long story short in July I agreed to buy his truck. They wanted to do some work to it first and then the broker I hired to ship the truck took his sweet time but it finially arrived. A dream come true. It does need some work and right now I can't drive it because it has a leak in the fuel line coming out of the gas tank so it won't pass inspection here in Texas. Thus I have no plates. I am going to get it fixed soon. It has 74000 on it but it has sat unused for two years and it did come from back east so it has a fair amount of rust on the underside and frame. Acually the rust was a lot worse than I had orginally thought. Yes I did buy it with out going out and looking at it. But the pictures that were sent showed the rust. But it was a case of the photos not showing the extent very well. Not that he was hiding the rust just it did not show up well on the photos. I planned on restoring the truck in five to ten years but it looks like I may have to do this sooner. Living in Colorado and now in Texas I rarley see rust like that. Only on cars from back East, which is where this truck came from. I am into it right, I think, and the great thing is I got it, a dream come true. I am looking forward to driving it as it is also going to be my daily driver. Along with four wheeling and repairing.

Well I should go and get to work just wanted to intruduce myself and the addition to my family.

Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:17 AM
landrovered
S. Smith
72 Series III 109 Diesel

Welcome, sounds like you will be in deep in no time.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:30 AM
Cirbo
Jim C.
None

Congrat's and welcome!
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:04 AM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Welcome to the site... Post a few pics of it. Congrats.

Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:07 AM
lrnasd90
J. Landers
1983 110 LHD Galvanized Everything

Where in Texas are you? If you are close, I maybe able to help you out. I have had few defenders in my time. Congrats.
93 NAS D110 #137 Sold
1-94 NAS D90 #702 Sold
2-94 NAS D90s (#1112, #1586)tdi Sold
95 NAS D90 #262 Sold
1-97 NAS D90 #642 Sold
2-97 NAS D90s LE (#82,#222)Sold
110 Crew Cab Td5 Sold
Hybrid Series 3 Sold
3-D1 Sold
1- D2 Sold
4- RRC Sold
83 110 5dr Diesel (current)
97 Disco XD tdi (current)
I can quit at any time I am not an addict!!
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:10 AM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
Congrats sounds like a great project and welcome to the board
Old September 2nd, 2009, 03:46 PM
FlaD90
Tom
1994 ST D90
D-90 Source Vendor

Congrats on the D90, sounds much like my story as well. You can enjoy it and always find something that needs attention on a Defender . But priority is your best friend and getting started on what is needed & what is going to preserve the truck as being of higher priority is the hardest part.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 07:31 AM
Gunmaker
Michael Ullman
1995 D90 SW #270

Registry
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am indeed very excited but do have quite a bit a head of me. lrnasd90, I live in New Braunfels. Sadly not real close, not real far either, but still far enough that it is not a trip that can be made with out some planning.

I was doing a little work on it late last night after I got off work and trying to prioritize what all needed to be done. Mostly what I am going to do right now is try to keep everything from getting worse and be able to enjoy it for a bit. Then get my ducks in a row and have it restored properly. I did order some oil cooler lines from ECR a while back and hopefully they will be done soon. I'd hate to see it all go up in smoke. I will see about posting some pics soon but it will probably be a bit. I don't sit in front of a computer but for a few minutes a day. So sadly I am not the handiest of people with a computer. Thanks again all for your welcome. It is great to finally be a proud owner!

Michael

Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:26 PM
Gkase
George Kase
1983 110 200Tdi CSW LHD

Michael...you'll find searching the D-90.com forum an incredible source of Rover info and tips...welcome and best of luck with your new truck...
George
Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:05 PM
imeek
Isaac
Red 94 D-90 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaker
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am indeed very excited but do have quite a bit a head of me. lrnasd90, I live in New Braunfels. Sadly not real close, not real far either, but still far enough that it is not a trip that can be made with out some planning.

I was doing a little work on it late last night after I got off work and trying to prioritize what all needed to be done. Mostly what I am going to do right now is try to keep everything from getting worse and be able to enjoy it for a bit. Then get my ducks in a row and have it restored properly. I did order some oil cooler lines from ECR a while back and hopefully they will be done soon. I'd hate to see it all go up in smoke. I will see about posting some pics soon but it will probably be a bit. I don't sit in front of a computer but for a few minutes a day. So sadly I am not the handiest of people with a computer. Thanks again all for your welcome. It is great to finally be a proud owner!

Michael

Welcome to the board, Michael. We need to get together sometime...I'm in North San Antonio. I just purchased my D90 also, and am "living the dream".
Old September 4th, 2009, 08:58 AM
pmd
Paul Dandini
None :-(

Michael,
Welcome!
btw - what type of guns do you make?
Old September 4th, 2009, 07:29 PM
bd90
Brian
94 Arles Blue #1644

Where did your Defenders go?

'Had' a few Defenders Jeremy? What the heck happened (my visits to this site have been sporadic in the last couple of years so I must have missed the story). I bought the SD roof rack from you a few years back (I'm in Baytown). You couldn't turn around in your shop without bumping into a Defender. Brian

Follow-up Post:

Nevermind Jeremy. I found your ' I'm taking a break from Rovers' post from a year or so ago. Good luck with your next vehicle.
Old September 5th, 2009, 01:24 AM
lynchee
Dennis Lynch
94 D90 #699

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmd
Michael,
Welcome!
btw - what type of guns do you make?
I was thinking the same thing.........

Oh yeah. Congrats on the truck and post some pics
Old September 5th, 2009, 09:41 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Congrats on the new purchase. The 90 along with reading this forum often will soon prove to be a semi-obsession I've had mine for coming up to 2 years and love it. Like any proper love affair there are ups and downs - something is always nagging you to fix but driving it just around town or especially on some nice trail really puts the smile on your face.
Old September 5th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Gunmaker
Michael Ullman
1995 D90 SW #270

Registry
Thanks once again. I am hoping to get the 90 tuned up and fixed within the next week so that I can really start driving it around. It is a busy time of year for me. Not the worse but close.

Imeek I would like to get together some time. Did you by chance buy your rover off of 281. I saw two d-90's for sale there in Feburary? They were really nice ones. I think I saw that they have another one now.

Guns. Well I mostly work on hunting and sporting rifles. lots of bolt actions and barrel work. Some single shot work which is my real passion and expertise. I do some custom handgun work once in a while. I work for a company plus for my self doing hi end one of a kind rifles. Some of the rifles I build will have hundreds of hours into them. The link below is for a gun I built for the company I work for. I don't have a web sight of my own right now. It is on the list of things to do but I would rather work on my 90 or read all the info on this web sight. There is more info than I can take in.

Thanks again,
Michael

http://www.hillcountryrifles.com/new...ail.aspx?Id=34

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions