Advice on fitting a US-seven pin and electric brake controller onto a '83 110? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 24th, 2009, 11:47 PM
turbodave
Dave C
1983 110

Advice on fitting a US-seven pin and electric brake controller onto a '83 110?

I need to fit a seven pin and an electric brake controller to my '83 110. I might not 'really' need the brake controller, but I'd rather have it to be honest - the trailer will be 7000lb all in.

What I definately need is the 7-pin wired up... Should there be any issues with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 24th, 2009, 11:58 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Isn't there an adaptor to the UK to US spec? I know there is one for the UK to 4 pin or does it not have a trailer plug now?
Old June 25th, 2009, 08:25 AM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
Dave
I have had a bunch of them installed on odd cars at my local trailer place. It isn't all that expensive and it is nice to know it will work correctly. They are great at getting it right since they do it all the time.

Eric
Direct Line 518-539-2231

If ordering on our online site please choose me as the sales rep. If placing a phone order please call me directly at the numbers above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 25th, 2009, 08:29 AM
turbodave
Dave C
1983 110

It currently has a rusty looking UK socket, but the only adaptors I've seen are UK>4-pin. I figured I'd just remove the rusty looking socket and fit a US socket to match up with m y trailer as the vehicle is unlikely to head back to the UK anytime soon...
Old June 25th, 2009, 02:48 PM
turbodave
Dave C
1983 110

Cheers Eric,

I somehow missed your post - but decided to head out to walmart and buy some convertor thing to take the independant signals from the 110 to common signals needed for trailers.

I've got a nice strudy looking 7-pin connector as well that will fit nicely into the PTO hole and replace the rusty UK socket.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, brake