Advice on cleaning engine - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 29th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Derek Moeller
Advice on cleaning engine

Anybody have some tricks to share on cleaning the engine? In particular the aluminum parts. I am getting ready to put my engine in the chassis and I want to clean it before I do. I usually use Super Clean but I'm looking for something better. Maybe some detail tricks??

Old October 29th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Stephan Laputka
1995 D-90 SW
it's not fun, but get a pack of wire brushes and box of brake kleen. sit there and go to town.

Land Rovers are by far the best looking 4x4 on the back of a flatbed...
Old October 30th, 2008, 01:56 PM
1995 D-90 SW #351
I just rebuilt my top and, the machine shop painted my heads and valve covers with off the shelf aluminum colored spray paint after they were sand blasted. They look great!

I bought some more paint and painted the plenum, intake and block so everything matches. The parts I painted myself i cleaned with Superclean and wire brushes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions