Advice on chassis and engine conversion project - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 12th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Tim Capelle
72 series 3
Advice on chassis and engine conversion project

Ok need a little advice.

Looking to convert a 1967 carawagon series 11a landrover to a coil spring, disc brake chassis and engine.

I see some options out there that I would like your take on. I am not sure if the 2.5 has enough power, etc- Can you give em the pros and cons and your thoughts on the selection with sufficent power, cost and durability in mind? The 200 tdi and 300 tdi seems like a good bet but cost is much higher....

Option 1 Engine

Chassis 2.5 Na diesel with manual tranny
Defender 110

Otion 2
Defender 110 3.9V8 with auto tranny

Buy a RRC LWB 4.2 V8 with auto tranny

Option 4
Buy a 1983 defender and switch cap, tub, etc 200 tdi or 300 tdi

Old August 12th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Jeff Briggs
Antarctic Blue Super Sports Wagon
Site Team
I have a 109 project on a galv coil sprung chassis (v8) sitting in my driveway that needs to go away. Its not mine but as its sitting at my place I'm very interested in it going away. If your interested I will put you in touch with the owner.

Send me an email ( and ill send some pics.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

conversion, engine