Accessing Brake Pedal Switch - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 18th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Oxcart13
Mark M
D110

Accessing Brake Pedal Switch

Need to access for test, and probably replace, the brake pedal switch. It looks like it will be a real pain to get to it. Before I dig in, would appreciate input on the best way to access this part? Thanks. Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 20th, 2013, 08:45 PM
michael67
Michael White
110 Tdi

Actually not too bad, at least on mine. It's part of the brake box, which I recently had to pull to replace the brake booster. Remove the brake master cylinder from the brake booster, but you can leave the brake lines connected. About five bolts or so holding in the brake box to the firewall. Should pretty much come straight out.
Old August 21st, 2013, 01:57 PM
Oxcart13
Mark M
D110

Thanks for the reponse. I looked at my parts manual to find the number for the replacement. From that drawing I concluded (incorrectly) that the switch was on the cabin side of the bulkhead, in the innards of the dash. I was able to unscrew and verify the switch is faulty, without messing with the brake booster, etc. Much easier to get to on top of the booster box, under the hood, than I had initially thought.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, brake, switch