AC stopped working. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 22nd, 2010, 09:09 PM
TxEddie1111
Eddie
Discovery

AC stopped working.

My AC just quit working when I stopped and then restarted after a store visit. It appears to be electrical. I dont see an "AC" fuse name labled in the box.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Eddie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 22nd, 2010, 11:02 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

stop cooling ? stop blowing ? can you hear the compressor clutch engaging ? you have to be a little more specific.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 08:09 AM
TxEddie1111
Eddie
Discovery

JFD, thanks and you are right. There was simply "nothing" no clicks, sounds, nada.
AND, since I am in Houstonn and no AC is just not an option, late last night, I unscrewed the bracket where the two AC control switches are mounted and the "on/off, fan speed" switch had a wire that had come off the terminal; re-attached it and presto, AC again.

So I am good.

However, that particular wire terminal was "burnt" looking and a bit melted; obviously had heat to it. It didnt appear as though this just happened (dusty, etc) but posibly was happening over a long haul. Any thoughts? Normal? Problem brewing? Need replacing?

Thanks!

Eddie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2010, 09:28 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxEddie1111 View Post
JFD, thanks and you are right. There was simply "nothing" no clicks, sounds, nada.
AND, since I am in Houstonn and no AC is just not an option, late last night, I unscrewed the bracket where the two AC control switches are mounted and the "on/off, fan speed" switch had a wire that had come off the terminal; re-attached it and presto, AC again.

So I am good.

However, that particular wire terminal was "burnt" looking and a bit melted; obviously had heat to it. It didnt appear as though this just happened (dusty, etc) but posibly was happening over a long haul. Any thoughts? Normal? Problem brewing? Need replacing?

Thanks!

Eddie
Our A/C system is heavily dependent on neg pwr resistance signals to control everything right. I have a bad connection throwing the A/C ECU off. I would replace that connector. pop it out, put a new end on it, and push back in.l
Old September 23rd, 2010, 11:57 AM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

what he said and check your fuses for the right amps too.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 03:27 PM
TxEddie1111
Eddie
Discovery

Awesome, thanks guys.

Eddie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac