AC relay in passenger area? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 18th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW
AC relay in passenger area?

For the last couple of days I've noticed a clicking sound every 2-3 seconds or so whenever the AC is on and has been working for a while. It's coming fromthe passenger side area so is there a relay there?

Also, today after 1/2 hour with AC on the engine stalled at a stop and the temp gauge read a bit past center. I restarted, shut the AC off and turned on the heater to bring the temp down.

Back in the driveway, the AC comes on when the AC's on but I didn;t hear the clicking after 15 minutes at idle with the AC fully on.

Finally, the AC fan will stay on for a minute or two after the engine's off but not all the time. I assume this is normal, happening only when it's very hot?

My thought is that there's a fan relay in that area and it's failing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

ac, relay