AC question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 8th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
AC question

My d-90 was making a very loud whining noise that with the help of this board we connected it with the ac compressor belt. I'm not sure if it is the compressor or the belt or a pulley. I cut the belt off last fall and the noise stopped. I was wondering:

1. what belt should I buy and how do you install it. I have a 94 with the 95 ac style system.
2.How and what should I lubricate to try to eliminate the whining.

Thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 8th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

The AC system should lubricate the compressor. It could be that your AC system is low on refrigerant. As far as the belt, Just try the auto-parts store and try getting a belt for a 95, if not try the 94 belt, they may be the same.
Old March 8th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Thanks Mike,
The refrigerant is fine. How do you install the belt? Is there a trick to it or is it straight forward. Someone mentioned to me last year that you can grease something but I can't remember if it was a pulley or the ac compressor itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 8th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

You can grease the pulley but not the compressor as I have been told the compressor should be lubricated by the refrigerant. I loosened the tensioner to put the belt on, there is one bolt that holds the tensioner in place.
Old March 8th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac