AC install confusion- a little help please - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 2nd, 2010, 07:33 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
AC install confusion- a little help please

I am trying to install AC in my 95 D90. I have two diffferent blowers- one is a Spal that came as part of a used purchase- includes compressor etc, and a Wynns.

I can't figure out how to connect the blower to the red and black connections that are in the passenger foot well. I can't figure out how to detach those from the truck- or do they stay attached? The wire harness I have makes sense for the parts under the hood. It's the interior I am struggling with.

I also have the interior switch that mounts in the dash separate from the vents. How does that hook up to the blower?

I think I am missing something in here.

For the Wynns that is brand new. How does that connect to my electrical?

I've searched and am really struggling with this. I believe it was Charles that sent me a link to a AC removal and that has helped a ton. Mine just isn't looking the same as his- go figure.

Any help, especially photos would be great.

Thanks,
Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 2nd, 2010, 09:23 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

I just pulled mine. I could try to get pictures of the plugs and where they go for you tomorrow. I can email them to you. I can get them on the computer in the evening or sometime on monday.
And I love you too
Old January 2nd, 2010, 09:38 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
That would be awesome.

Do you remember if the plugs in the foot well were connected to the truck too. Mine seem to be attached to some kind of clip and I don't know if that is just because there isn't an AC unit there or that is how it should be.

Which unit did you remove? There is a 3rd connector white- that I can't figure out what it connects to on the Wynns unit.

Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:08 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by aosias
That would be awesome.

Do you remember if the plugs in the foot well were connected to the truck too. Mine seem to be attached to some kind of clip and I don't know if that is just because there isn't an AC unit there or that is how it should be.

Which unit did you remove? There is a 3rd connector white- that I can't figure out what it connects to on the Wynns unit.

Alex
Factory 97 unit out of my 94. There was a plug coming from the fuse panel. There was a plug or two dealing with some relays down by the passenger kick panel if I can recall correctly. Cant remember the colors of wires. I just started stripping things down and leaving everything intact for resale.
And I love you too
Old January 3rd, 2010, 05:00 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
Got the blower motor hooked up. Apparently I needed to unplug the wires in the truck from the clip and then connect them to the blower motor. I can't really justify why this was so difficult. Using the Wynn blower since it is "newer".

Now, have the vent fascia but no screws. Does this really just screw right into the lower dash trim? Seems like there should be more to it then that. Anyone know what size/length screws to use?

Alex
Old January 3rd, 2010, 05:10 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
it really does just screw into the lower dash.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 05:18 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
Does anyone know the bolt size and length for the compressor and the tensioner?

Thanks for the info on the fascia.

Alex

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac