Ac Condenser fans - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 18th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Langdon Hill
D-90 SW
Ac Condenser fans

I experimented with an install of 2 larger AC condenser fans. I was installing a wiring harness and had the grill off and I replaced the

SPAL 9 inch 623 CFM fan with 2 Hayden 650 CFS @ 1200+-. The fit looked good. However I donít hear them turning on when I turn on the AC. I hoped the in 40% increase would be "cool" Also I am getting more air centered onto the intercooler and the radiator.

It is cold and perhaps the thermostat is not turning them on? I thought that when ever I turned the ac on, the fans came on too, or am I imaging things?

So far they have not turned on. The fuses in the cab are good. I have not gotten the engine warm enough? Or did these come on automaticaly?

The wire to the thermostat looks like it should have no problem with the increase in amps. The original was 7.2. Any experience with this out there?

Thanks Lang
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan Install .JPG
Views:	82
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	11721  

Old January 22nd, 2008, 06:28 PM
Eddie 1
Disco 1 TDI 300 SE
I had the motors on my disco changed but I reused the old fan blades and housing. I'm not sure which motors I used as they came from a Japanese car salvage yard.

Mines come on as soon as the AC is switch on even if the engine hasn't warmed up.

I'm not sure why yours is not coming on!

Did you check the fuse in the box next to the battery as well?

Originally Posted by Landspeed
I hoped the in 40% increase would be "cool"
Another question based on the quote ... How did you compute the 40% increase?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

ac, fan