AC compressor relay - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 18th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST
AC compressor relay

Anyone know where the AC compressor relay lives? My compressor won't come on, and I don't have 12V to the compressor with the AC turned on.
-Checked fuses.
-Checked the thermostat.
-Checked refrigerant pressure.

Turning on the AC does turn on the fan and blower.

Any other ideas?

Old August 18th, 2009, 09:12 AM
96 D1 5spd
Did you look on the side of the blower motor (right side)? Or, possibly behind the bracket that holds the fuse panel (the goldish metal thing)?

I recall them being in either of those places.

Old August 18th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90
Under passenger seat in my truck.
" Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se. "
- Charles Eames
Old September 6th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Bill Lewis
1995 White SW 339/500
I seem to be having the same issue. Everything seems to be working fine and if I jumper the two wires going to the temp switch in the thermo housing the clutch kicks in and starts working. I just replaced the thermo and switch and am guessing that maybe the previous switch as bad as well as the relay? You know, so now that the switch is working, the clutch is not because of the relay.

Anyone know where to get these? I have searched but come up empty. Or is a dealer item.

BTW, There are three relays on the right-hand side of the blower motor not sure if these are the ones or not. I took the cover plate off the fuse panel but didn't see anything that might be a different relay.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

ac, compressor, relay