AC compressor pulley for fan hub? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 4th, 2013, 08:58 PM
1987 Defender 110 5-door
AC compressor pulley for fan hub?

Anyone ever run a belt from the AC compressor to this pulley here, which used to support the mechanical fan?

There must be some reason no one does that. I know the factory runs it to the crankshaft pulley, via an idler below the compressor. But it seems so much simpler if I could just run it to off that nearby hub. And perhaps the factory only does it so they can run the mechanic fan?

Anyone know if the compressor belt could run off this pulley hub, assuming I had a grooved hub made for it?

That's a 200TDi motor & dual electric fans, in an 87 110

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-18_09-57-15_356pulley.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	67351  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

ac, compressor, fan, pulley